Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
Mai

Flood Ban

Been trying to post on my forum today and sign up a few mod accounts for people and I keep getting a message saying flood ban.

This has been going on since 10am this morning.

Any idea what is going on?

http://danlloyd.myfreeforum.org/index.php

Thanks
myff admin

The system has probably decided you are spamming, signing up accounts for people does look like that.
I suggest you give it a break, or get people to sign up themselves.
Mai

I am even unable to post on there at the moment and have queries to answer.

Its been like this for over 8 hours, so anything I can do?

Mai
myff admin

Well the more you try the more it probably decides you are spamming.
I have tried sending a clearing instruction, but not trying for a clear hour would be advisable.
I am looking into the flood rules as they are not meant to catch legitimate actions. But spamming is an menace and so we do need such systems.
bentalphanerd

Hi, One of my users has been given a Flood Ban while trying to sign up with a new username. Now she can't even access the forum and has waited 2 days, but still can't get in.

http://ypclub.myfastforum.org/

I have requested her IP if that's what's needed
myff admin

In a word yes.
bentalphanerd

Thanks, PM sent
myff admin

done
bentalphanerd

Thank-you but there seems to still be a problem. This is the email I just got from member:

" It still won't open. I tried it from Google, and the notice displayed says "This page cannot be displayed" I tried the Detect problems box and a notice appeared saying The configuration appears to be all right, but the site is not responding."

Could it be a conflict with her previous username with same email address?
myff admin

now?
bentalphanerd

All working this morning

Thank you

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum