Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
myff admin

Firefox3.5

Just started running it, it does seem a bit nippier than 3.11, but it still eats up a lot of memory 663m at the moment  

For me the real question is whether that memory leaks as badly. Firefox3.1 easily leaped to 1gb and up.
Zudane

bit nipplier?

oh, you said nippier....

I'll have to check it out!  Still on 3.0.11 right now, is 3.5 beta still?
Nick(NR)

I concur, I do have that feeling of it being a bit quicker also, but gahhhhhhhhhhh, no themes yet and the default is like a high contrast glossy blue and it's awful
Ziddy

Nick(NR) wrote:
I concur, I do have that feeling of it being a bit quicker also, but gahhhhhhhhhhh, no themes yet and the default is like a high contrast glossy blue and it's awful

Nick(NR)

Ziddy wrote:

Wow, yet another insightful post by ziddy
WarcraftDiscussions

1. Nice Post Zudane
2. Amazing post Ziddy
Zudane

nobody answered and I'm too lazy to look, is 3.5 beta still, or is it released?
Ask Mr. Religion

It is released. Am annoyed that the Tab Mix Plus extension is no longer compatible with 3.5. Hopefully they will release an update soon. Just cannot live without being able to lock tabs.

AMR
Zudane

!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks! I've been looking for something to lock the tabs for a while...well, not really looking, but wanting.
myff admin

Ask Mr. Religion wrote:
It is released. Am annoyed that the Tab Mix Plus extension is no longer compatible with 3.5. Hopefully they will release an update soon. Just cannot live without being able to lock tabs.

AMR

Don't need to lock, but I do NEED multiple rows. I miss TMP a lot.
Full Tilt Boogie

I find it just fine, definitely faster.
Jacob

Just downloaded it. It's my first experience with Firefox, so I have nothing to compare it to other than the inferior IE.
Full Tilt Boogie

Be happy to hear what you think of it.
symon

I`ve been using it for a while now and fine it faster ,, but it does crash more than the older version.
Full Tilt Boogie

symon wrote:
I`ve been using it for a while now and fine it faster ,, but it does crash more than the older version.

I've not notice it crash yet - but I find it uses nowhere near the same memory 'demand' as the older version.
myff admin

I'd say it is still pretty appalling on memory Just not quite as awful as it was.
Full Tilt Boogie

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
I'd say it is still pretty appalling on memory Just not quite as awful as it was.

I guess you must have multiple tabs upon tabs open, as my allocation (using XP on one machine) has gone from between 270 to 300K usage, down to approx 80 to 85K, when doing the same things, but now using the new version.

My other machine's running Vista and V3.5, and that's still up at around 220K.
symon

I normally have at least 5 tabs open at once plus running many other things as well lol
Ask Mr. Religion

Since installing the 3.5 and the 3.5.1 update I still notice a significant delay for pages to load. The progress bar just hangs nearly completed while I get domain parsing notices, such as google analytics or whatever other services the web site is using. The 3.5.1 update supposedly reduced the page load times, but the latest release is still much slower than Google Chrome (which I realize pre-caches a lot of information).

AMR
Gosu71

I've found 3.5 to crash quite alot.

I'm definitely thinking of installing the previous version
WarcraftDiscussions

Browsers can crash?
Zudane

WarcraftDiscussions wrote:
Browsers can crash?

Any program, no matter how basic or complex, can crash.  But a browser is not really that basic if you look at it.  They need to turn the code into something that can be seen.  With the thousands of things that need to be properly included, they are rather complex.
array

I have to use Internet Explorer to post on a forum which users javascript for form validation, Firefox literally craps a brick when I try and sends CPU usage up to 100%. Firefox 3.5 sucks
myff admin

Have you any firefox addons? They can be a menace and effect how well firefox works.
array

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
Have you any firefox addons? They can be a menace and effect how well firefox works.

Every addon I use has been with me forever, I don't use very many and I can't see to locate any problem with them, with them disabled it still craps out. It seems to be PC wide though, I've got a huge amount of lag recently, hopefully a fresh install of vista will fix it, it's fast normally
Myles

Does the 3.5 version allow bookmarking using a bookmark link within a webpage, without it loading in a separate frame on the left?  

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum