Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
Mai

Fellow Admin Made Mistake

Hi,

Not sure if anyone can help.

One of my fellow admins logged in using my details on the forum we run, we all share one password.

They decided to delete someone from the forum but in the process deleted all the posts that member had made, it was always made clear members who are deleted have their posts kept. The admin who deleted the member didn't do this and the forum has lost so many posts, some of which were extremely important.

Is there anyway the forum was backed up and these posts could be retrieved? I would be happy to pay if that is the case.

Also if the forum was backed up and the back up is used, when was this back up done because so many posts have been made in the last couple of days.

I hope someone can advise.

Thanks

http://danlloyd.myfreeforum.org/index.php
myff admin

Unfortunately if you restore from one of our dallyu backups as can be bought in the site shop, all posts from the backup point onward will be lost.
Mai

Is it possible for you to tell me when the last back up was done, that way I can see how much would be lost.

And all I can find in the shop is an export, would this be what I would need to buy?

Thanks

Mai
Mai

Reading through other posts 10 was quoted for a restore, is this still the price?

Just wondered what back up would be used as the deleted posts occurred at roughly 6pm tonight and no one has posted since so I am hopeful any post loss will be minimal.

Hope someone can get back to me ASAP.

Thanks

Mai
myff admin

That is still the price.

backups are around 5am GMT.

A restore can take up to 24 hours to do.
Mai

I have just sent payment using paypal with the forum name etc on the reference.

Can you confirm when you have got this?

Thanks
myff admin

recieved.
Mai

myff admin wrote:
recieved.

Great.

How will I know when the restore has been done?

Mai
x
myff admin

I'm retrieving the data now, but I am unlikely to complete tonight. A restore needs a clear head.
myff admin

As if to prove a point the restore data just created did have a "nasty" in it.
myff admin

the restore has been completed.
Mai

Thanks so much for sorting it out

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum