Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
jn244

Features

Hello,
I am thinking of switching to this host.
What are some benefits of this host?
What mods do you have installed?
Etc. Etc.
Zudane

Moved this, My Fried Forum is meant for forums that have been broken by a user.

And the phpbb2 system is completely customized with an extensive list of portals added on and other modifications.  The phpbb3 system isn't so customized, but it's still really new.

Some things for phpbb2 though include Karma, Comments, a Catalog (good for recipes)... I can't think of others at the moment, I use phpbb3.

both of them have web-page uploading and a WYSIWYG web-page editor/creator, so you can have web pages, not just a forum.  If you're using another host right now, you can ask for an export and it can be imported to the forum system here so you don't lose anything.

All-in-all it's a great system, but you'd need to sign up to truly see what it can do.
Bravo

donate portals, video bb codes, extensive support system, massive howtodoit forum, video tutorials

MFF have their own servers so fantastic 99%+ uptime.

If you want templates adding, they'll usually be added for you, just ask!

Those just off the top of my head.  I think it's the best free forum provider in the world and I've tried quite a few in the past
jn244

sorry, didn't mean to post there..
haha
I am considering switching...
Is it possible to transfer from FreeForums.org?
jn244

Also,
if I own a domain, will it cost me to park it?
Zudane

Do swap the domain name over is free, just need it mapped to your server.  And if you can get the other provider to give you an export of your forum, then I am pretty sure just about any forum type can be moved over.
myff admin

jn244 wrote:
Also,
if I own a domain, will it cost me to park it?

That is a free service here.
GentleD

Re: Features

jn244 wrote:
Hello,
Etc. Etc.

What is really great about this place is the support system they have. This is the first forum I have tried and boy am I glad I stumbled upon these guys. The service is amazing.   I highly recommend it.
Nick(NR)

jn244 wrote:
Hello,
Etc. Etc.

Just to add onto what's already been said here, here's some forums where the mod team here have built up a fair few guides:

http://howtodoit.myfreeforum.org/
Run by Symon, htdi has guide on pretty much all the additions that are available on the system and the guides walk you through step by step.

http://portalogy.myfastforum.org/index.php
This one is run by me and has guides for the portal system we have, I try to run the guides on a similar format to symon, so people find them a little easier to run with, without trying to over complicate things, the guides here are tailored to myff's own portal system and may not work well elsewhere.

http://cgarts.myfreeforum.org/
Is run by Bravo and is a nice place to get graphics work done for free, if the work is for a business a fee will be agreed upon with the artist and requester, but usually most work is free, as it allows some artists to further improve their skills.
Gosu71

Quote:
What is really great about this place is the support system they have. This is the first forum I have tried and boy am I glad I stumbled upon these guys. The service is amazing.   I highly recommend it.

It is the best help forum i've ever come across.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum