Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
dravion

Features needed on my site/ individual site.

here are some things that i feel we need/ i want for my  forum:

A time status, showing your over all time spent on the forum

A Msg system that displays when a new member registers.

arcade game in an individual forum, not linked from a second party site

application feature, so that people could sign up for various things

instant messenger for the forums, in an individual forum

more addons in portals

thats about it for now if i think of anything else i will reply back. If you could hook me up that would be great, you guys are really helpfull. i know most of the time you say look at how to do it forums, but for the specific items i have listed, i have not found a solution.

I hope that i could get assistance with this, these small things have just been kind of bigging me for a while, and i have had people on my forums that want these features.

i am promoting this site as much as i can, i have linked this site about 40 times, on various forums,websites, and other things related, and even on youtube.

Thanks for all the help and your time.

link:  http://iromrepo.myfreeforum.org/index.php
symon

With only 92 posts why are you asking for pointless addons ???

concentrate more on what a forums is all about and that is posts ?
Nick(NR)

A time status, showing your over all time spent on the forum

What is the point, why on earth anyone wants to know how much time they spend on a forum is beyond me, as I'm sure me, symon and admin would feel pretty lame at how long we log on here

A Msg system that displays when a new member registers.

You see this in the who is online part at the bottom of the index, if you want it as a portal, let me know?

arcade game in an individual forum, not linked from a second party site

The arcade link at the bottom of your forum next to the admin link isn't third party, it is a myff arcade coded by admin and run by symon, your members shouldn't need to signup if they go to the arcade while logged into your forum.

application feature, so that people could sign up for various things

Application for what? various things wont make admin want to even go near this one.

instant messenger for the forums, in an individual forum

Plenty of people have added a thing called a shoutbox, there are quite a few people who still believe allowing fast messaging of this nature slowly makes members post less on the forum.

more addons in portals

Like what exactly? as I've made quite a few up without needing admin to make/add anything to make them work.
myff admin

I can't say I bother to review all of our "top" forums on a systematic basis, but I did notice one sneaking into the top twenty most active forums last week, what was notable was that they have not even got their own logo, they are using a default template.

I'd bet that this is not the only such forum in the top 20. This is because the secrets to a good forum are posting, posting and posting...
perthtruebluetwo

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
I can't say I bother to review all of our "top" forums on a systematic basis, but I did notice one sneaking into the top twenty most active forums last week, what was notable was that they have not even got their own logo, they are using a default template.

I'd bet that this is not the only such forum in the top 20. This is because the secrets to a good forum are posting, posting and posting...

do you have a list of the top twenty active forums admin,for us to have a wee look at.
symon

http://www.myfreeforum.org/index...._freephpbbforum_dir&Itemid=35
myff admin

Those are the forums with the most posts.

Most active is most posts occurring daily. I would not want that too public as the reason I keep an eye on it, is to spot spam crazy forums trying to top the most posts lists. If it were public then I think it would encourage more stupidity like that
myff admin

Abusive posts will be deleted. Any more and you will be banned.
dravion

abuse posts, its not abuse its advice and clarification. i dont understand why you guys are like this... i'm not trying to offend, i am just in wow, as to why you can post somthing like that, and mine that clears up what i posted gets deleted, for one  curse word LOL Fun
dravion

wow, these features were on the last forums i was on, that had over 9,000 users, and they are slowly transfering to my site. The online status is to show who has put the most time on my forums, for ways to advance in rank, or such. The application feature, is for moderator, or beta tester status, due to the fact that i own my own repository, and my own business. I do alot of things also ipod related, and other things. Also the message system i am talking about is a message that pops up when  a new member registers, so that they see it not me, and so that they can see features and other news. The whole arcade thing is that i want an arcade on the forum, not a separate link at the bottom of the page, the link is #1 barely noticeable. By the way, you will lose members by being (8 letter word), i just had some things that i personaly wanted, or wanted to know if you had, thats all, i didn't need some one being a (5 letter word) and disputing every one i posted. Also if you want people to donate, don't be that way, i was planning on donating...    

i am sorry, i took out the curse words, and now its not offensive, it has meaning,
myff admin

Nick took a lot of time to point out what features there are covering most of the areas you mention, and we get abuse not thanks!

A PM to the admin when a user registers is due very shortly, and we have loads of features other forums do not have.
symon

Facts are still facts

Forum is a place to chat, this is what should be on all admins minds for a long time before they start adding go faster stripes.
dravion

LOL stripes...
not abuse, just that the way that your post was worded, led me to believe that you were saying, you don't need these, and why in the world would you...

this is a support forum, and that was what i was trying to get, not an opinion, just a yes or no, or if it is coming soon.

You do have alot of features that most do not have, but there are still some features you need, not all listed above. I know that the price is right, and i have no right to say anything. But i just had some ideas, i know i dont have forum in the top 20, but i just made mine like 3 days ago. with 45 users, and growing constantly, i feel that i'm not doing to bad. also 1600 page views in 1 day is good also. but i really appreciate your quickness to respond, just mis-interpretations i guess.
perthtruebluetwo

Symon wrote:
http://www.myfreeforum.org/index...._freephpbbforum_dir&Itemid=35

thanks for that link symon
symon

dravion wrote:
LOL stripes...
not abuse, just that the way that your post was worded, led me to believe that you were saying, you don't need these, and why in the world would you...

this is a support forum, and that was what i was trying to get, not an opinion, just a yes or no, or if it is coming soon.

You do have alot of features that most do not have, but there are still some features you need, not all listed above. I know that the price is right, and i have no right to say anything. But i just had some ideas, i know i dont have forum in the top 20, but i just made mine like 3 days ago. with 45 users, and growing constantly, i feel that i'm not doing to bad. also 1600 page views in 1 day is good also. but i really appreciate your quickness to respond, just mis-interpretations i guess.

To just answer yes  or no with out givng our honest opinion would be failing in giving you support ,, support comes in many ways , and our honest opinions are all part of it.  Some listen to it, others believe they know it all and disregard it.
over the last few years we have seen all types come and go and many forums that tried to cram every single add on , just die away as no one was posting on them.

Again my advice would be get a strong backbone to the forum before trying to do anything else.
Andrew(AP)

Jee wiz kid, if you want all these add-ons then go make your own forum system and try adding them. Then you will see how difficult some things can be sometimes.
myff admin

Symon wrote:

over the last few years we have seen all types come and go and many forums that tried to cram every single add on , just die away as no one was posting on them.

I reckon that 95% of people who have come on the support forum with a request list and an empty forum, have gone on to take up an awful lot of support time and have failed to get a forum off the ground, of course there are exceptions, but it is no wonder that when we see this sort of thing these days that the first response is a tough one.
dravion

The whole thing is i don't have a problem getting my forum off the ground, i just want it to be at its fullest so that when members join, they can see how great it is, and refer other people, thats the exact reason i join forums, is the discussion, and the features. This site is very unique, with all its feature, and the fact that its free also. I have no problem tho waiting so that when i hit like a thousand or more members, i can then request things like i did, but Mainly a feature i do need, is to be able to place up a video forum, which would be a specific sub-forum, that has videos in it, linked from youtube, so that my members can get support, seeing as the type of forum i run, requires some things like that, with the ipod and iphone, so if some one can help me that would be great. I did look on the "How to do it" forum, but i can only place it in the header or footer, and in some other various places, that i don't need it in.

Thanks for your time.
myff admin

I am not clear what you are asking for?

YouTube videos can be linked with the video bbcode tag, again our bbcode video tag is smarter than most other forums systems as it links a lot of video types.
dravion

i want to post a video that will show up in the forum, to were you click play and it plays on the forum, not a link to the the video, but the embeded code form youtube its self.
myff admin

which is what the video tag does!

dravion

really? i tryed to add it, but it just came up as code
myff admin

http://forum.myfreeforum.org/about7666.html&highlight=video

which was easy to search for!
dravion

thanks your the best
Andrew(AP)

From all the other posts it sounds like your wanting lots of good add-ons.

and just a few posts ago you asked for a video thing.

Well, why dont you just use the wysiwyg posting panel? That has videos and much more, (hint: its what you use on this forum when posting)

Just goto the Howtodoit search bar at the top of here and type in wysiwyg and it should be on there.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum