Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Cordobian

Everyone has site admin, how do I remove it?

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>
www.craftingfriends.myfreeforum.org

Enter your myff forum url here, if the issue is on a particular part of the forum, then give a link to where the problem actually is. Do not enter your own domain name it must be the actual myff link :

II wanted to give one user Admin Status, now it has given it to all the forum members, how do I rectify this please.
myff admin

What makes you think this? There is no way I know of of actually doing that, and on the index page the user colours do not show admin status for the two users I can see online.
Cordobian

There are about fifteen people on the forum now, and above their avatars is says Site Admin, so how do I remove this title please.
Nick(NR)

Cordobian wrote:
There are about fifteen people on the forum now, and above their avatars is says Site Admin, so how do I remove this title please.

ahhhhhh, for a second, I thought it was admin privileges, but it's the rank title.

goto the admin panel, go down to 4. Users, then click the user list, for the people with the rank title you'll have to edit each one by one, when you click edit, you'll get a page showing that users profile, scroll right near the bottom for an option titled "Rank Title" and in the drop down menu, select "no special rank assigned" and click submit, then you can go back to your forum and view that persons profile to see if the rank title has gone, if it has you can move onto the next person.

You also need to look at the ranks you have to see if the one that's being given to people is a special rank that has a minimum post count number set to it.
Cordobian

Thank you for your help.....all sorted.
It was the ranks causing the problem. We don't use ranks on the forum, and Site Admin was set to 0. I put a very high number in, and voila honorary title of Site Admin has disappeared beneath everyone's names.
Thank you so much
Nick(NR)

if you set the admin rank title/image to a special one, it wont be given out automatically when people hit a number, it can only be given by an admin who sets it to a person
Aliraza852

You`ll notice that the above message is now 10 days old.

Have I upset somebody ? Cos I still havn`t had help on this one, and new visitors to my forum, using www.sevra.myfastforum.org are greeted with
a white page and a Debug message.

I have tried looking for answers through Forum Support, but there isn`t any that help me.

Can somebody please answer this post ?
Bravo

Aliraza852 wrote:
You`ll notice that the above message is now 10 days old.

It's nearly two years old, it seems you've made an error somewhere, please clarify your problem in a new post following the posting checklist. I visited the forum you linked to with no problems at all.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum