Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB2 General Support
GentleD

Error message when posting on the forum

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

Enter your myff forum url here, if the issue is on a particular part of the forum, then give a link to where the problem actually is. Do not enter your own domain name it must be the actual myff link :
http://atherfeet.myfastforum.org/index.php

If you are asking a template related question, what is the name of the template:

Please indicate keywords you have searched on:Error message, Posting issues

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>
I have a member that is receiving this error message when she tries to post a reply more than one time in a row. "You cannot make another post so soon after your last; please try again in a short while." Still pops up no matter how long she waits. She has to log out and back in before she can post again.

I have lowered the Flood Interval to 5 seconds, with no change. I also had her clear cookies and history of her browser. She uses IE. No change. Any thoughts?

Kat
myff admin

How many posts has she made? some restrictions apply to new posters no matter what the admin settings are.
GentleD

She has only made 7. I hadn't thought of that. Where would I find those settings?

Kat
myff admin

I think this cuts out at 10 posts, it is not changeable,  it is designed and for that matter does not your forum getting blasted by tonnes of spam if a spambot gets through other defenses.

Unfortunately any and all anti-spam measures result in some degree of hassle for real users. In this case I am sure we have the balance right, As end user you only get to be annoyed by the downside as you can't see and appreciate what it blocks.
GentleD

Okay, I will let her know. We are not complaining, we would rather have something in place to deter spambots. Thanks for your help.

Kat

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB2 General Support
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum