Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
symon

Error in poll portal

www.fcpremierleague.co.uk
http://fcpremierleague.myfreeforum.org

portal settings --- poll

myff admin

should be fixed.
symon

Ok thats all done..

Now i dont remember a guide on this ,, so once you create a poll in portal settings it says it wants the poll number ?

Also the cmsyourpollname.tpl comes in as a blank page when you set it up

http://fcpremierleague.myfreeforum.org
symon

Ok got it to sort of work tried one last thing,, seems you must enter the id number before you create the portal , or the cms will turn blank.

Now i have a poll showing , but no way of people click the choices ?

I would like a poll with options on t the index page as, i,m unsure if i want a forum with this site.
myff admin

bug fixed  
symon

See that thanks..

Ok i,m going to try and work on a redirect as i dont want them going to the forum once voted.
symon

hmm seeing a problem...

Is there anyway of hosting the results on a webpage rather than a forumpage, this way when they click view results etc it will keep them in the website view rather than having to login to a forum.

As i say i might be using this site just as a website not a forum.
myff admin

Seems to me a redirect should probably be embedded into the portal requiring changes to the core posting.php code.

Probably a cool thing to have. But as you may have spotted we are in a freeze mode on core changes until the end of next week.
symon

Yep Freeze is good at times.

One last thing to ponder though, guest can not seem to vote either, if you go to the forum permission's and change vote to all , it auto changes back to reg, once submitted.

Now i know guest voting etc can be open to abuse, but on this site it is something that would make more sense.

Any ideas.
myff admin

I have a feeling this is simply not allowed these days in phpbb2.

As you know we really have avoided altering the permissions code.

The way polls work a guest could just vote over and over again.
symon

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
I have a feeling this is simply not allowed these days in phpbb2.

As you know we really have avoided altering the permissions code.

The way polls work a guest could just vote over and over again.

was thinking the same,, i got the redirect sorted and thought by placing

Code:
{U_TESTPOLL2_VIEW_RESULTS}

In a webpage that that would solve the 1st problem, but it doesnt, so i guess its wait till next week.
symon

Cant find the request area ?

http://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=444304
symon

Looking at this again ,, once you have voted it will show the results so far , so there would be no need to redirect unless you want to be extra flashy.

So if and when the guest posting was enabled this should cut , nearly all the teething problems out.

The other way is do host online with a free poll but they plaster ads everywhere.
symon

Have used an offsite host for the mean time, not too bad as no adverts , just a branding link.

www.fcpremierleague.co.uk
myff admin

I think I have threatened in the past to write a poll portal, and certainly there are plenty of hacks to enhance the rather feeble polling features of phpbb2.

I have been trying to think of a half way decent third anniversary feature release and maybe polls are the answer?

Add multiple choice to the core polling and some fancy portals to present results
symon

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
I think I have threatened in the past to write a poll portal, and certainly there are plenty of hacks to enhance the rather feeble polling features of phpbb2.

I have been trying to think of a half way decent third anniversary feature release and maybe polls are the answer?

Add multiple choice to the core polling and some fancy portals to present results

I like the one i,m using at the mo the added features are all a person could need, so anything along this line would i think be great for most that use the webpages..

Polls on forum pages are ok as a rule , basic but do the trick, polls on the webpages as you say can open many avenues.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum