Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
drazen

Email notifications & new posts after upgrade to phpbb3

http://teamrenaultsport.myfastforum.org/

Not getting activation notifications to admin users and users also not getting subscribed forum and post notifications.

If relevant, I did create a new admin email address for the forum after the upgrade, which I've placed in the ACP and the forum's MYFF ACP.

Could admin please check that all is ok after the upgrade?

Thanks.
myff admin

What is the domain of the email address e.g. hotmail.com?
drazen

@webmail.co.za
drazen

Hi admin, don't mean to bug... just in case you missed my previous post.

The email domain is webmail.co.za

Thanks.
myff admin

this does sound like a problem with spam filtering.

I have tweaked some settings. Can you wait a few hours and see if it has had an effect.
drazen

Thanks. If it helps at all, the previous email address was on the same email domain on PHPBB2, and it worked.

Will let you know later if any progress.
SRSeditor

I don't know if it is related but my phpbb2 forum users on multiple domains are reporting that they aren't getting emails from the forum now.
myff admin

Have applied the same tweak to your forum, problem is in not knowing that the issue actually is.
drazen

I do get "activation email" requests, the other admins don't. I Still don't see any mail coming through on new posts and I've subscribed to all forums.

Also another question, I know the forum isn't very active at the moment, but there are posts. Is it unusual for there to be no topics in the "active topics" list when clicking the link? (let me know if this should be a new topic)
myff admin

More than ever for the active topics issues a new topic with a good title would let someone else find an answer.

If you get activation emails and not topic emails then that really does suggest something is spam filtering. Perhaps it is one to ask your email provider on? We are clearly sending the emails it is something your email provider or email client is doing that is stopping them getting through.
myff admin

I have identified a couple more possible email issues and resolved them I hope.

But changes take time to propagate.
drazen

I went to the webmail account's CP and saw spam filter was set to "5" as default for a new email account. I've now set it onto "don't filter" to see if it works.

drazen

Hi admin, still no email notifications. Is more waiting time required?

Is there a chance I may have missed something in the ACP? Although I've checked again. The only place I amended the details concerning the emails was the "email settings" under general.

*EDIT: I just noticed a notification came through from one of the posts, it seems intermittent at the moment, so I'll give it a bit more time before I post here again.
drazen

If I battle with the "webmail.co.za" domain spam, is there any one free email service you can recommend that compliments MYFF? (ie. gmail, etc.)
myff admin

I have done another rework of email and managed to trap some reasons for non delivery. It is all about over active spam prevention systems
Notably whilst  have a I think fix some of the issues, there are warnings that some time it does take 24 hours and I can now reproduce one blocker demonstrating that for now at least it still occurs Hopefully over the next 12 hours it will sort itself.
myff admin

drazen wrote:
If I battle with the "webmail.co.za" domain spam, is there any one free email service you can recommend that compliments MYFF? (ie. gmail, etc.)

The sands keep shifting, though gmail might be one of the safest.
drazen

It is possible that, whatever you've tweaked now, may have worked. I received yet another post notification... will keep monitoring.
myff admin

We still have an identifiable problem with AOL, which looks like AOL being being very slow to see the change.

The good news is there is plainly another change that would be useful anyway that will fix AOL

The bad news is it needs to be done systematically, and that involves a bit of planning and actually waiting to see if things resolve themselves.

Even if things do sort themselves out it is probably a good idea to fix things more. It would make email more robust.
myff admin

AOL has finally come good.
Be interesting to see what issues remain.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum