Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
Shockwolf

Email Notification for posts?

Hi

I’m wondering whether there is a way that I can set up email notifications to come to me for every time someone posts in my forum?

It would be a really good way for me to monitor what is going on and respond quickly.

Thanks in advance.

Shockwolf
myff admin

1. You must give the (myfree/myfast/myfine)forum.org link/address of your forum. A link should be given to the problem if at all possible. Do this whether you think it is important or not. DO NO GIVE YOUR OWN DOMAIN LINK IT MUST BE THE NAME YOU CREATED HERE.
  2. Search on the forum and on howtodoit for your problem before posting. 90% of the posts we get have easily found answers if you search on a couple of key words from your post. If this is not the case report the keywords you searched on and we will make sure search works for the next person to try the same search terms. Each time someone doesn't bother to use the search, questions accumulate in the forum making it harder for people to actually find answers! as people searching will end up finding the question and not the answer.
  3. Keep it to one support question per thread, if you have another question start a new topic. This will help others using "search" to find answers.
Shockwolf

Okay here we go again…

1. Link to my forum http://wulverheim.myfreeforum.org/index.php
2. I did search and the key words I used were “Email Notification” and none of the results answered my question.
3. 1 Question was asked:

I’m wondering whether there is a way that I can set up email notifications to come to me for every time someone posts in my forum?  

To clarify this more, I mean “Every time” someone posts, I don’t just mean in reply to my own posts, but I want to know when anyone posts anything, anywhere, anytime in my forum.  

Is there something I need to set this up somewhere?  Should this be happening anyway?  In case it matters I am using a gmail account for my emails.

Cheers.
myff admin

On the index page index.php you should see:

Mark all forums read | Watch all forums for new topics | Stop watching any forum

Somewhere near the bottom.
Shockwolf

Ah, thanks, I did not see those before!  I was expecting to have to set something up in the Admin Panel and did not even notice that to consider it at all.

Okay, so if I set “Watch all forums for new topics”, it will let me know every time there is a new topic in my forum and then I can go in and select to watch the topic for replies?

Brilliant, thanks and sorry for not noticing that setting right on the index page the first time.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum