Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB2 General Support
tgpeditor

Editing the left panel

http://thegatheringplacehome.myfastforum.org.

Years ago, I added some webring links to the left side of the page.  e.g.: Baptist Top 1000.  Now I need to add some more, and I can't remember which file I edited.  The template is myfs_thegatheringplacehome2.
myff admin

It will be one of the edited portals rather than a template.
tgpeditor

Thanks.  I do understand that.  What I'm trying to find out is which portal contains the code for the web links that are at the left of the screen.
myff admin

I'd expect it to me portal settings and then a MENU portal.
tgpeditor

Looked in all of them.  Still haven't found it.  There must be a section of code that contains the phpbb community weblink on the left.  Where is that code?

Also, while I have your attention, are there any significant advantages to upgrading to phpbb3?
myff admin

If it is a portal then it should be among the tops ones in the portal setting, unless you have put the links directly in the template file which would probably be overall_header.tpl.

We really don't recommend phpbb3, the large majority who go that way regret it, it has few useful extras over the enhanced phpbb2 we provide, and a lot of drawbacks such an insane admin complexity.
tgpeditor

Overall Header was right.  I was also looking in the Choose Portal template File to Edit section for the code.  I didn't realize that I needed to look under Choose Forum template/javascript/css File to Edit.  Thanks so much for getting me back on track, and also for the guidance about phpbb3.  Much appreciated.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB2 General Support
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum