Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
myff admin

Easier portals

I'm planning to make life a little easier for people wanting to use a number of portals like SHOP and KARMA.

Basically all I'm going to do is to add code to automatically create the profile fields that a portal wants on "demand".

This should mean some steps in portal creation are done for the admin even if they don't  follow the howtodoit guides as welll as they should.

I could complicate things by locking down the portal profile fields so that the admin is protected against deleting them, or entering values that the portal will overwrite, but I think that is just a recipe for bugs.

I think my main issue is that I want to avoid variables being created for portals that are not being used, which is why this probably will be made to quite literally only create on "demand". e.g. if something tries to update a profile field, it will be created if it is not already there.
Zudane

Good idea I say!

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum