Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
tom_tom_go

Duplicate admin accounts

Forum URL:  gardenrails.myfreeforum.org

I have taken ownership of this forum, however, I had a normal account before becoming admin so I now log into the forum using the old admins profile.

My normal user account still exists on the forum so I would like to merge this with the admin owner account.

I do not want to post my username here so do I email this to myfreeforum admin?

Thanks for your help...
myff admin

You can set the other account to Admin in user permissions in the admin panel.
tom_tom_go

I managed to get both the old admins account and my account using the same user name hence the confusion.

The problem I have now is that although I have set the old admin to user level permissions and renamed it something slightly different to my account so I can work out the two I cannot rename the old admins account back to it's original name as it error saying 'name already exists'.

I cannot find the username name in the user list, does it just need time to update the changes I have made?

Thanks for your help...
myff admin

That is a bit of a bug with the system, and why the admin account of this board is myff admin! reusing old names does not work, you need to call them something a little different.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum