Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
Domma

DNS please help

i wish to be changing my domain which i bought and use google apps. etc, my friend needs the DNS username to change it all but i was never send the account name so im unable to do it he told its because you merged the forum and domain together, need admin help website is www.thefirstagekin.com and my email
Moderated: 1
email removed
i have sent several emails for help but NO reply
myff admin

Can you please post the forum link?

I don't know what you are asking at all Please explain more.
myff admin

I do note that this is using our nameservers.

In which case if it was purchased through us the account name is the domain name.

But all we need is the forum link and it can be mapped.
Tranis

hello, I am Dom's Web dev.

What we are trying too do is get onto the  " dns.myff.org " part of the site, we own a domain, which we got from your buy a domain offer. the issue is when we enter the domain "thefirstagekin.com" it returns that its already on the DNS system, which I can guess means its under another account.

Seeing as Domma owns the account could you track the DNS site and see what account has it and do a password reset or something to get it too bounce back to domma's email?

we need to add some CNAME records and edit the MX data is all and seeing as we cant add the domain too the dns site given we are slightly limited
myff admin

You don't automatically have an account at dns.myff.org.

If you register there then then the record for thefirstagekin.com can be assigned ownership to you.

But this is still experimental. For full free DNS you can use:

freedns.afraid.org

That gives you unfettered access to run your own records.

dns.myff.org

Does also allow this, but there is the chance that conflict will occur as our system will also update record for thefirstagekin.com where needed.
Zudane

Adding records with the DNS side of the site can be a problem, since the forum is mapped here... I recall having similar problems before.
Tranis

ok I will try that, but I find it odd, I can register my own domains too dns.myff.org but not thefirstagekin.com

returns an error everytime, and my guess was it was already inplace on the system. we made an account and hence why I was wondering what the issue was.
myff admin

Exactly, maybe those problems are a thing of the past, maybe not. The fact remains the forum has one idea about what the records should be, a user wanting to roll their own DNS has another, it has not been satisfactory in action so far.
Tranis

well seeing as the forum is making the issue anyway to reverse the domain and forum ? making the domain hopefully work with the DNS?
I mean on normal hosting systems the DNS would be used to point to the forums host
myff admin

Tranis wrote:
ok I will try that, but I find it odd, I can register my own domains too dns.myff.org but not thefirstagekin.com

returns an error everytime, and my guess was it was already inplace on the system. we made an account and hence why I was wondering what the issue was.

Makes perfect sense, we will not allow people to just register and create records for a domain that we have set up to point to someone forums. If you give use the account name, record ownership can be changed to give you permission. But it may be problematic.
myff admin

Tranis wrote:
well seeing as the forum is making the issue anyway to reverse the domain and forum ? making the domain hopefully work with the DNS?
I mean on normal hosting systems the DNS would be used to point to the forums host

No idea what you are saying there.
Tranis

I was just wondering what would make such an issue as to stop or say its already on that dns setup . I will try the other site, hopefully I will have better luck.
myff admin

As explained the records are on dns.myff.org, they are there under our control. We can give you control if you give up the account name.
Tranis

we made and account on the dns.myff.org called   "spanky" .
I hope this is helpful

account name of which ? the domain its self or the dns account we had to make?

the domains username is domma23
myff admin

Spanky now owns the domain on dns.myff.org.
Tranis

Thank you sooo much
this helped alot !
Domma

thank you so much:)

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum