Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
Laramie

Delete posts with keyword

Enter your myff forum url here: http://procrastination.myfreeforum.org

what is the name of the template: myff_procrastination2, based on Rainy, I think.

keywords you have searched on: auto delete posts, auto delete, delete posts, keyword delete posts, keyword delete

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>

We've been getting spammed a fair bit recently, from one person/possibly bot posting from several different IP addresses; so I don't want to block the IP since it wouldn't work and I don't know anything about them anyway, and I don't particularly want to stop guest posting.

But the spam posts are all about buying drugs online; I was wondering if there was a way to automatically delete posts that contain a keyword, aka "drugs". A portal, perhaps?

Is there a way to do this - and would you advise it?
myff admin

I think you would have a never ending chase on that one, just look at the way spam emails disguise words.
Laramie

Ah, yes, I suppose you're right. Well then, for now we'll just have to keep chasing after him. But if it gets much worse I'll have to disable anonymous posting.

Thanks for your advice and for your swift reply
myff admin

Guest posting is something that is almost impossible to have these days.
Bravo

You can set it so that people need a minimum amount of posts to be able to post links.  Though I think this would only apply to registered members.

Allowing guest posting does mean you will receive spam quite a lot.  If your forum is set up for this then you do need a good moderation team to keep on top of it.  We get quite a few spammers here but most people never notice.  Sometimes the mod team here go to ban someone and someone else has banned them in between you looking and you deleting the spam post  
danm97

Guests can be set on moderation in the phpbb2 admin panel.
Any post made by a guest need a moderator approval before it get released.
MYFF admin added it a while ago when I asked for it. Very usefull.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum