Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Lemmytech

Delete Forum Request

It is my understanding that forums with no activity were automatically deleted but it appears that this one may have slipped through for some reason.  I am the owner of the forum and there has not been a login to the forum since everything was deleted by me in August of 2010.  It was a great few years but died when everyone moved on.

Please remove the following forum:

http://tcserver.myfastforum.org/

Thank you in advance for your time.
jp2009

Forum Deletion Request

It is my understanding that forums with no activity were automatically deleted but it appears that this one may have slipped through for some reason.  I am the owner of the forum and there has not been any activity on it other than me for about 6 months.

Please delete:
http://jpsrecipeexchange.myfastforum.org/

Thank you.
Bravo

From the FAQ

Quote:
How do I delete a forum?

We operate a policy where boards which are unvisited by members and have few members or posts will be purged from the system after a few months inactivity. So to delete your forum, delete the members and posts and disable the forum and it will happen automatically.
Before doing this please show consideration to your members, you may no longer want a forum but someone may want to takeover. People put effort into posting on forums and it is not fair to simply discard their efforts.
Note that anyone developing a forum that is "readonly" in nature, should not fall foul of our purging policy, it is geared only towards removing forums that are dead and have had no effort put into developing them.
Lemmytech

Bravo - I have done that as noted in my question in this post:

http://forum.myfreeforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=20256&start=0

There hasn't been a forum login since August of 2010 - by me of course - and the forum is non-existent.

So why is it still showing up after all this time?

Again, can it please be removed?
Bravo

If the members and posts are deleted then the system should pick it up within a couple of months. People can and do change their mind about such things so it is a necessarily slow process. In the meantime it does nobody any harm being there unless the name of the forum is wanted, in which case Admin may go in and delete it manually at his discretion.

Sometimes people deactivate their forum for a while and then return to it, sometimes years later, sometimes people want a read only forum to still be accessible to others (HowToDoIt is an example of such a forum) so just being inactive will not cause a forum to be deleted, nor will just being deactivated.

I think it is the right balance. Is there a reason for the urgency here? Admin may look into it if so.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> My Fried Forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum