Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Terms and Conditions
HelloPollo

Defamation

Hi I've read around your forum to see how best to go about solving this so I'll go through your check list first.

1. Here is the forum I'm referring to: Forum Link

2. I've searched your forum and hopefully the course of this discussion will follow this post.

3. Seems to be no private way of contacting the admin here so here is my question: How can I have a post removed from a forum which seems to be "dead" with no one active on it? The offending post is here. The post has been there for 3 years now and has been the cause for much anguish, embarrassment, loss of income and reputation. I want to be polite about the whole affair, and this seems to remain a blight in my record forever in Google.

Her claims are very untrue and highly exaggerated and I can get many models to attest to my honesty and professionalism. I don't want to get into a he said she said situation and would prefer to just let this matter rest in the past. What really makes me sad is that I allowed this to go on for so long.

Hopefully the admin and some members in this forum can empathise with my situation. It's only after these years of knowing about it I came across a lawyer recently who actually told me that this was slander and defamation and that I could do something about it. Hopefully some honest soul can help me out?

Thanks!
myff admin

Since the site is not being maintained I have suspended it.
This implies no view on any other fact of what is involved here.
HelloPollo

Thanks for the fast reply and action.
ausmodelref1

This is my forum,

The above user is the same from http://forum.myfreeforum.org/viewtopic.php?t=18996&start=0
which started 3 years ago

can you please unsuspend, as a bad review is a bad review

63 pages of bad reviews and negative posts
Yes i am happy to moderate it down but the content is important

please read the above from a former post, i beg you
I am happy to take responsiblity, photocopy my drivers license
so you have all my details just please if its requested legally give it out but please dont give to the guy making the complaint, he made several threats to me years ago when it was first started.

I dont want others to go through the same,
The forum has many reviews on others
HelloPollo

Hi there, that user neophyre is not me.

Quote:
he made several threats to me years ago when it was first started.

That isn't me. This is the first time I've raised this and I would never threaten anyone. I can get multiple models to contact you in real life as a witness to my character.
ausmodelref1

Hello, I did re-read our old post

and noticed i was happy to remove a post after a lengthy discussion with neophyre

Unfortunately, at the time we tried to successfully negotiate with realwildchild, the same individual as HelloPollo
When we did, he immediately starting making personal threats and unfortunately in todays media with social networking, trackings ones movements is quite easy and very disturbing

I am happy for the content of the forum to be sent to me, so it can privately be hosted if MFF are concerned over legal matters
In life, you can google terrible tradies or bad mechanics
why is a forum used to discuss good and bad photographers/unreliable models etc be any different

a bad review is a bad review

should the forum be re-instated i am happy to moderate this above thread more.
My forum is a tool for many, as seen by the 10000+ views to that thread, of people who googled corellian digital photography

if the thread was so bad and hellopollo indeed had models who can attest to his good manners and nice nature why didnt they post there review there?
HelloPollo

I don't know who those other people are. This is the first time I've raised this.

Listen we can meet in real life and talk this through if you feel strongly.

I've never contacted you ever in my life, I swear by the bible and God.
ausmodelref1

HelloPollo wrote:
I don't know who those other people are. This is the first time I've raised this.

I will leave that upto the administrators to decide
No i don't wish to meet with you, I find it funny you refer to the same thread realwildchild referred to previously
Yet you state to be different people
Especially after the thread states the alternate names you have traded under

But I appreciate your time for looking into this admins
Bravo

Remember Admin suspended the site for reasons of it not being maintained, he did not make this decision based on the issues you are discussing.
ausmodelref1

Bravo wrote:
Remember Admin suspended the site for reasons of it not being maintained, he did not make this decision based on the issues you are discussing.
Thats fine, I am happy to maintain my site, now that i have received a kick in the pants...

how do i get my forum reinstated
HelloPollo

ausmodelref1 wrote:
HelloPollo wrote:

I will leave that upto the administrators to decide
No i don't wish to meet with you, I find it funny you refer to the same thread realwildchild referred to previously
Yet you state to be different people
Especially after the thread states the alternate names you have traded under

But I appreciate your time for looking into this admins

Ok. I just don't want this to turn into a he said she said thing where things get out of hand.

It's hard to trust reviews online as it is since some can be exaggerated and inaccurate.

I could have asked my friends to reply on the forum but then other flamers could just accuse me of making multiple profiles to just make myself sound good.

This is a difficult thing to determine what is the right thing or the wrong thing to do here. I feel like I'm at the mercy of the admins which I thank for spending the time in reading this.

I recognise the need for reviews but there is a fine line between a negative comment like saying the quality if his work was pretty bad vs. something that is defamatory.
myff admin

I am not going to keep something online simply to keep a complaint running. That is not what forums are about.
ausmodelref1

myff admin wrote:
I am not going to keep something online simply to keep a complaint running. That is not what forums are about.

The forum was never created to be a running complaint, merely a place where people can come to give feedback on experiences, good and the bad, and to discuss.

I promise to keep it on track from now on,

Please, in australia there is not much out there in terms of forums to discuss such events
The forum was a hit for awhile until lack of interest however it still receives good hits and plenty of photography discussion

I promise if this forum is returned to throughly moderate the thread " that was complainted about ".
ausmodelref1

I have approached a few friends in the industry who will now join me in moderating and creating a much smoother reference community
the rest is now upto you Admin
myff admin

I am thinking on this one.
myff admin

MY thought on the matter is that the forum owner must supply me with verifiable name/address details that establish them as the publisher.
e.g. our forums are not an anonymity service, if you are publishing material that may be defamatory you take responsibility.
myff admin

Post deleted as it was slanderous and the author insists on anonymity.

As we have stated before we will under some circumstances allow potentially actionable content to stand if the owner is prepared to give us identity details that could be disclosed to the proper authorities, we are not an open house for people to libel others without risk to themselves.
ausmodelref1

Thats fine
May I be sent the content and this issue can all be resolved and MFF can wipe there hands of everything?

ausmodelref@outlook.com

Thanks
Sarah
myff admin

I don't have the time to grab parts of forums.
If you take this matter seriously, then I suggest you pay for a forum export, and I will donate the money to charity.
ausmodelref1

myff admin,

No problems, I have previously donated to your server appeal, so the money is fine to go there
should the police require it, i will pay it as this has to stop
the forum was never created for this purpose
more for backgrounds, talk photos, network etc
at one point it may have gotten off track but the main purpose was always there
Bravo

ausmodelref1 wrote:
myff admin,

No problems, I have previously donated to your server appeal, so the money is fine to go there
should the police require it, i will pay it as this has to stop
the forum was never created for this purpose
more for backgrounds, talk photos, network etc
at one point it may have gotten off track but the main purpose was always there

If that's the case I don't see why you don't supply admin with the requested information. Admin must protect his interests here and has gone out of his way to find a way for you to continue running your forum.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Terms and Conditions
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum