Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
myff admin

Database issues

We have had a rash of database tables being marked as "crashed", this  has happened since a new version of the database server was installed, it is no where near as scary as it sounds, and the tables are easily fixed with no lost of posts etc.

It may well be the server is now seeing minor glitches in tables it ignored in the past, and is now being more conservative.

To speed up the resolution of such issues I have instigated a system that checks the database log every minute and will repair a "crashed" table automatically if one is seen.
myff admin

As far as I can see the new system spotted and fixed a couple of issues in the last 24 hours.
Which seems quite good to me, implying both that the system works and will get things sorted before people even have time to post about it, and that the issues are tailing off, as indeed they should be, it simply does not make sense that this sort of thing would be a common occurrence.
uncle aj

I've started to get database problems last night.  I deleted a post and got a message and just now I did a manual acceptance of a new member and the automatic email sender returned this message.  My forum is http://uncleaj.myfastforum.org/

Failed sending email :: PHP ::
Reply-to: uncleajwatchforum@googlemail.com From: uncleajwatchforum@googlemail.com Return-Path: bounce@myfreeforum.org Message-ID: <965c55bd2e783b8c878c9333f210a0ca@uncleaj.myfastforum.org> MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit Date: Tue, 04 Jan 2011 06:05:09 +0000 X-Priority: 3 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Mailer: PHP X-MimeOLE: MYFF uncleaj.myfastforum.org

DEBUG MODE

Line : 291
File : emailer.php

Sorry I did not keep the message from last night's glitch.
myff admin

That is not a database issue that is usually caused by you having an invalid email address for an admin account.
uncle aj

myff admin wrote:
That is not a database issue that is usually caused by you having an invalid email address for an admin account.

That's strange as it's the first time it has happened.  There was also another database message after deleting a thread last night.  
Nick(NR)

uncle aj wrote:
myff admin wrote:

That's strange as it's the first time it has happened.  There was also another database message after deleting a thread last night.  

Need to see the database errors if they happen, just in-case something has happened on your forum Aj
uncle aj

Nick(NR) wrote:
uncle aj wrote:
myff admin wrote:

Need to see the database errors if they happen, just in-case something has happened on your forum Aj

I'll save them next time.

Thanks

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> What's new? Announcements!
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum