Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Forum Blogs
Sapp

Creation Resort 603! Blog

- Address: http://creationresort603.myfreeforum.org/index.php

- Title: Creation Resort 603!

- About: Having fun and being creative

- Members: 41

- Background Theme: Solaris

Well I'll be updating this topic with any new info about my site.
Sapp

~Update~

- Address: http://creationresort603.myfreeforum.org/index.php

- Title: Creation Resort 603!

- About: Having fun and being creative

- Members: 46

- Background Theme: Solaris

- Rank - 139

This forum rose very quick within the 3 months it's been up. Is it safe to assume that Creation Resort is the future of MyFF? I think so.  
Nick(NR)

I think you should stop using the blog, when post your forum is the place to advertise a forum.
Sapp

This is a place for updates right?
That's what I've been doing, Chief.
Bravo

Sapp wrote:
This is a place for updates right?
That's what I've been doing, Chief.

Quote:
Forum Blogs
If you want to talk about work you are doing on your forum, then post in here.

So far all I have seen is updates on the performance of the forum, I don't know why you have posted it in this section where more people browsing for forums will be looking in the 'Post Your Forum' section anyway.

This blog isn't a real blog in the sense as the section was originally intended in my opinion...though as a relatively new section it could be open to some interpretation so I understand how the mistake was made.

Congrats on the quick growth of the forum though, which would lead the question of what tips you could give, what actions you took, how you promoted your forum etc...if you had been posting these kind of things then I think it would have fallen within the remit of this section  

So, why don't you post up a detailed description of how you set about creating this growth and turn this into a real blog  Wink
Sapp

Alright, well I'm 'bout to edit the first post and then explain that.
Thanks, Bravo.
Sapp

Guess I can't edit it. Well I'll post here then.

Well, to start off, me and my friend Valog(co-admin) have been talking about creating a forum a few weeks leading up to the creation. Valog had some good connections with members on another site who would join mine if he advertised it. I also talked to a couple of my friends on another MyFF forum to see if they'd be interested, which was a yes.
When I first created my forum, I wanna say at least 3 people joined on the first day or so. My tactics I used for getting and keeping members: I decided to become a very easy going admin. And a smart one at that. I created forum sections I knew most people would be interested in, such as Roleplay. I wasn't overly strict, but not a push over either. I allowed members to just have fun and be themselves at the Resort.
It's also good to try and affiliate your forum with other forums of the same genre that are pretty active.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Forum Blogs
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum