Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB2 General Support
~Olly~

Couple of members get logged out mid posting

http://desertislandbookclub.myfastforum.org/index.php

A couple of my members have had similar problems with losing posts, One uses FF the other used IE..

This is what the FF member describes happens.

lose my post if I am just away for awhile, eg if I am doing banking or odering on amazon and then later go back to continue a post at the island here that I had previoulsy started, it just flicks off my post and back onto the "sign in" screen. When I sign in again though, anything I have previously typed in ready to post has disappeared.

and this

I use firefox and it always seem to happen, if I go away, I have to log in again. Yes I do tick the log in automatic thing each time, but I still have to press "log in" when I first go on the site after closing it. And if I go back after a longish gap., and press either preview or submit, it flicks to the log in screen and when I submit the log in again, what I typed beforehand is gone blank!

I can't think what to tell them as I keep my forum tab open all the time and it doesn't log me out and I looked thru FF to see if it had a setting that kicked them out of anything they were signed into and can't see anything like that.

Grateful for any ideas, thanks

Wanda
myff admin

I'd wonder about whether they need a virus scan, or have adblockers or some such.
~Olly~

I'll tell them to do a virus scan but everything else is ok... the one who had the problem I copied in here has 2 techy sons so pretty sure they'd have anti virus protection running and it only affects the forum page..

I have ad blockers [sorry   ] and have never seen that problem.

Thanks for trying to help..

Any other ideas.. ?

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB2 General Support
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum