Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
myff admin

CounterStrike

Don't know if anyone is interested any more? But I'm going to set up a Steam server. We do have a crazy amount of server power, so may as well set some interesting things up!
symon

Very interested still play a lot many fy_twotowers death match...

Would be nice to put a bullet in your head if i can ever find you that is.   lol
myff admin

In theory the server is on:

109.169.13.201:27015

but for some reason it is not responding
symon

Im off out now will try again later but it is showing as no response.
myff admin

Seems the Linux install may have problems currently

http://forums.srcds.com/viewtopic/8102

I can't find the time currently to deal with a problem CS installation.
myff admin

No luck with CS source, but a standard Counter Strike server is running on:

109.169.13.202:27015
symon

I dont have the standard game just the source games  
myff admin

Not live now anyway as I continue to play. It is disturbing how poor the server setup is.
myff admin

Did a 32 bit install instead, it is really great to be able to setup virtual servers at will  

109.169.13.202:27015

For CS source.
myff admin

mani admin installed, so if any of the usual suspects want admin status then PM their STEAM id.
symon

I have two accounts lol...

Will have to remember how to find my steam ids lol
symon

Nothing changes i see ,,,, think it ended up as two kills to nil with me and you lol
myff admin

Well we do have stats installed, so the record will keep being updated
Nick(NR)

symon wrote:
I have two accounts lol...

Will have to remember how to find my steam ids lol

status in you console once the game is up

or

http://www.noobsticks.com/home.php?pageid=lookup
symon

You calling me a noob nick ???  
myff admin

Symon are you admin now?
symon

Sure am lol and thanks

My kids have just enjoyed a good game against each other ....
myff admin

Had to go. Loads of work to do here really.
symon

Out to a birthday party but will be back later ,,,,,,, wheres bravo ??? if remember rightly was a damm good shot ?
myff admin

There do seem to be a lot of CS server out there. So not sure what we can do to make this catch on, unless that is there are any clans that would fancy a free server? free is always good!
Nick(NR)

Maybe, haven't seen you play for 2 years
symon

Will you be sticking to the standard maps , or will there be one or two fun ones ?? this may draw a few more punters on.
myff admin

Any suggestions?
symon

For the sheer all hell break loose with fast action and many deaths and kills i play fy_twotowers

Its a death match so you respawn straight away....
symon

Thats the map lol

Although its just the plain standard version, i think there must be a pluggin to make it respawn all the time and choose weapons on start up...

I know when i go to a server that plays this 24/7 its very unusual to find it below 10 players,, not that we should have it 24/7 will be no point in that ,,

The old maps do still bring in the customers ive seen quite a few new different faces on it already.
myff admin

On my system our server is showing as within the top 10 in terms of lowest latency for me! That's out of 4207 servers filtered for Europe and not password protected.

That is pretty decent in my book
symon

It is very fast even when the kids are on it with me on the other comp its still very fast.
Nick(NR)

symon wrote:
Thats the map lol

Although its just the plain standard version, i think there must be a pluggin to make it respawn all the time and choose weapons on start up...

deathmatch needs to be switched on and typing gunz or something similar lets people pick what setup they want, not setup a server in a long time, so I can't be too sure.
symon

Nick(NR) wrote:
symon wrote:
Thats the map lol

deathmatch needs to be switched on and typing gunz or something similar lets people pick what setup they want, not setup a server in a long time, so I can't be too sure.

Yes at teh beginning you get the choice then you can swap when you type in guns
symon

http://www.bailopan.net/cssdm/

Is the home of deathmatch ,, im sure you can add it for one map only eg fy_twotowers and leave the rest as standard.
myff admin

Yep,

I have taken a snapshot of the server in preparation for trying that, but I saw it needs another admin mod installed and we already have mani admin....

Clearly I need to be careful, so not tonight.
Nick(NR)

sourcemod isn't really an admin tool in itself, more of a plugin executer, mani can be run through sourcemod tho, should work smooth.
symon

Yep on my last server i had both mani and source and Mattie's EventScripts, all worked fine together.
myff admin

Okay what about stats packages? In particular I like to see damage stats at the end of each round.

There seem to be a lot of mods out there in this area, so very confusing.
symon

They can be good to see,, but i really hate it when some one kills you and it comes up with a huge box saying how and what they killed you with etc,,, also i hate the tracer that shows where they shot you from,, gives away your camping places lol
myff admin

Which is why I'm asking really, personally I think I would like to see the kill info, but not the trace.

What don't you like about knowing what killed you?
symon

myff admin wrote:
Which is why I'm asking really, personally I think I would like to see the kill info, but not the trace.

What don't you like about knowing what killed you?

I think im use to playing deathmatches..

On deathmatches it gets in the way when you respawn , you then have to click to remove it , then by the time you have choose your weapon you normally get killed again,, i guess on the standard maps with no respawn it could be fun. But is it really useful ? its like rubbing salt in the wounds.  And those damm bots are no easy kills ..
symon

Is there a problem with the server at the moment ????/ been trying for a few days now and getting not responding all the time.
myff admin

I'm rebooting now.
symon

Not sure if its just me , but its gone from favs and i cant search it.
myff admin

rebooting again.
Zudane

Time to set up a scheduled reboot?

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum