Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
Victoria

Copyright

http://thefamilyforum.myfastforum.org/index.php

A banned member claiming copyright issue.

A member from another forum claims that there has been a copyright infringement on my forum - he claims that parts of his forum have been copied and pasted onto my forum - which they havnt as far as I am aware.

Where do I stand with this?
Zudane

If they are like forum descriptions or forum names.. then it's just being copied, if at all.

if it is original content inside posts being copied, then it needs to be credited to the creator, something general like reposting a picture someone else posted from another site is nothing to worry about.

The idea, as far as I know, is that when you post something you give consent to it being copied and used in the terms you intended it.  IE: if you post a how-to it can be used as a guide later by anybody.  Something like that, admin has specifics.
Victoria

He claims whole posts from his forum have been copied and pasted for gossip - which they havnt been and claims he is going to complain and have us shut down.
Zudane

Tell him to complain, give him the link to this forum.

If indeed there are copyright issues, Admin will let you know and give you ample time to remove them, rather than just shutting you down.

Most likely it's just a "She took my idea!" thing, and is no big deal.  But at it's worst you'll simply get corrected, not banned or deleted or anything.
Victoria

Thank you very much for your help.
Full Tilt Boogie

Re: Copyright

Victoria wrote:
http://thefamilyforum.myfastforum.org/index.php

A banned member claiming copyright issue.

A member from another forum claims that there has been a copyright infringement on my forum - he claims that parts of his forum have been copied and pasted onto my forum - which they havnt as far as I am aware.

Where do I stand with this?

Before you get MyFF involved - they have to be a last resort, not your first - ask for proof of his claim from him.

If he can't provide you with any, or is just punting, then c'est la vie, no foul and get on with your day.
myff admin

If there are issues, then it is up to them to complain, unless you know you are infringing copyright then don't panic unless they do  complain with specific detail.
Bravo

Any complaint is looked into on it's own merits (or non-merits), so the bottom line is, if you have done nothing wrong, you have nothing to fear, MFF doesn't go around hunting forums looking to shut them down, though it is vital that rogue forums are dealt with in short order.

If they are to complain then that is up to them, don't have sleepless nights over it if you are innocent.  By the same token, if you have done something wrong that is in breach of the T&C then whatever action is appropriate will be taken regardless of any 'softening up'.  

MFF is, and has been shown to be over a long time, completely and totally fair and impartial in these issues, however that does not mean we are some kind of mediation service between people, it is simply with regard to the MFF T&C's, not disputes of a personal nature.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Running your community
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum