Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Terms and Conditions
greenandgold

Copyright Infringement

To whom it may concern,

I am a hard working artist and have come across one of your forums, I know itís not yours as to say but Iím sure you know what I mean.   Anyhow, as I hold a lot of other artists around the world in high esteem I am not happy at all with what I have found.  In this forum the admin has knowingly allowed and encouraged the use of copyrighted material with links to the relevant file hosts.   I have counted 8 separate instances of copyright infringement.
I am sure you will understand how it is too put in a lot of hard work into your career for little pay.  Iíve also suffered from my artwork being ripped off which is why I want to bring this to your attention.
I donít believe that this is an accidental mistake on behalf of the admin as 99% of the worldís population would know that sharing copyrighted material is illegal.  As I have already mentioned the admin is encouraging this to happen.
Bellow I have taken the links and relevant screenshots as evidence of copyright infringement and thought I would let your team know about this first rather than going straight to the appropriate authorities.  But saying that I feel if you are going to run your own forum and condone this behaviour for the members of the said forum then the authorities will have to be notified and also the file host.
I wrote you this letter as I understand it is impossible to keep track of everything that goes on in your forums and that you rely on members of the public to bring this behaviour to your attention.  I also didnít want to post this on your support forum because of the legal and sensitive nature.
Not to mention the illegal practice of unregistered tattooist, which is the law across most of the free world?  Also to have the audacity to promote such practices.  Personally I would like to see this forum removed from existence but that is not my call.  That is why I have provided you with the evidence to make your own judgement.

Regards

Sub category with copyrighted material
http://scratcherstattooforum.myfreeforum.org/forum24.php

This is taken from the section titled B&G (Black and grey artwork)
http://scratcherstattooforum.myfreeforum.org/about573.html

This is taken from the lettering section, as you will see the link to the uploaded.to site is sharing a book by BJ Betts which is copyrighted and illegal to share.
http://scratcherstattooforum.myfreeforum.org/about577.html
myff admin

Please stick to complaining about works that are copyright to yourself.

copyright is a complex issue and many copyright holders are happy with some forms of linking/sharing of their work.

The forum owner has been informed of this complaint and will be expected to respond within a reasonable time.
greenandgold

So the forum in question will be able to continue with this illegal practice without any research into the matter?

If you are not prepared to do anything what would you suggest?  

According to U.S copyright office :-      

Section 501 of the copyright law states that ďanyone who violates any of the exclusive rights of the copyright owner ...is an infringer of the copyright or right of the author.Ē

And the complaint should be made to your local FBI field office.

I came here first out of respect and to let you know what is happening.

Regards.
myff admin

As stated above, the forum owner has been invited to respond and you have been told of the proper route for a copyright complaint which is a DMCA request.
loula120

well the forum is suspended so i cant see what it is he has made a complainmt about ????
loula120

ok i have just read the email , this is not harresment , harrasment is what these people who have made this complaint has done . from what i gather you like to have it out on the open forum so i am assuming its ok to have my say , i have asked you before about being harrased and you told me to delete and delee and that is what i have been doing . i have lost count of how many accounts i have deleted while this has gone on . now if these members of the other forum are allowed to come on my forum and attack my members and post things about us thats ok ? the difference is im not petty much worse has been said about me personally and i dont complain , i take it and move on
myff admin

The forum has not been suspended over copyright but over an abusive thread posting peoples photos.

This is not acceptable, and the fact that worse may have been done elsewhere does not excuse it on a myff forum.
loula120

ok well i apolagise but this has gone too far i have asked for help with the harrassment you offered advice but this is where it has led , please would you unsuspend the forum and i will delete every post associated with the people involved ???
Goblin

i have a screen shot of sum very abusive language aimed at a person whos wife has cancer,,, it is terrible to read and i dont want to post it on here but if you need to see this horrid verble attack on a cancer suffer then i will post it if you want me to

regard
Goblin
myff admin

loula120 wrote:
ok well i apolagise but this has gone too far i have asked for help with the harrassment you offered advice but this is where it has led , please would you unsuspend the forum and i will delete every post associated with the people involved ???

okay.

But lets be straight here, this is clearly not a case of you simply being the victim when you are the one allowing vile posts on your forum.
loula120

no your right its not and like i said much much worse has been said about my self personally this will be removed , thank you for you time
Mad moose

These people complaining about lou's forum are the people causing trouble on lou's form with multiple accounts and when members bite back they come running to admin this is not fair.  These people have been harassing Lou for months via other means can't you see what they are trying to do
Bravo

The post I saw about a man and his wife was vile, and that originated from a forum admin. If you have issues with someone posting pictures about him and his wife in an insulting manner is not a good way to go about things.

It's no good then saying 'oh well my bad, just tell us and we'll delete it'.  You have to accept responsibility for this type of thing before it is published on the forum. One thing it coming from a member and another coming from a forum admin. We cannot police your forum for you if you are unable to police yourselves. It is in my opinion a wholly unacceptable way to run a forum.
loula120

i accept responsabity for the offending material , and i will deal with any fallout , in future should i take pictures of the things that have been said about my self personally ??? i dont find this fun or amusing i have better things to do with my time . but if you actually looked at the two forums involved you would see where this is going ,
myff admin

I can't really add to what Bravo has said on the harassment front.

However the issue of the actual direct complaint of copyright infringement still has to be addressed.

We need a statement on that issue. e.g. whether you accept that it is the actual copyright holders making the complaint, or whether the complaint is legitimate.

The forum admin is in a better position to judge this that we are, but if we decide we have been mislead on the subject then that will lead to total suspension. We take copyright seriously!
myff admin

loula120 wrote:
i accept responsabity for the offending material , and i will deal with any fallout , in future should i take pictures of the things that have been said about my self personally ??? i dont find this fun or amusing i have better things to do with my time . but if you actually looked at the two forums involved you would see where this is going ,

The fact that a forum not under our control is doing bad things is not something we are in any position to address. You need to take that up with the hosts concerned.
loula120

ok could you explain to me what i needed to do , clean house obviously , but about the copyright , am i needed to do anything else ?
myff admin

If the copyright complaint is either to your knowledge being made probably by the copyright owner then you have to remove the posts concerned.

If you know something has been posted that would be something complained about if the copyright owner knew, then you also have to remove the work.

If you believe the copyright owner would not complain, as indeed some artists want their work to be seen, or if (as it not very likely when it comes to art) there is a "fair use" of part of a copyrighted work, then you can keep a post in place.
loula120

ok i will have a ggod look through what is there we have a lot of art and artwork on the forum it will take me a while to sift through it but i will do it asap , thank for your help and for unsuspending the forum
Mad moose

ADMIN the people that are making the complaints are the ones causing the trouble with various accounts and probably the same person with multiple accounts on here now trying to get it shut down and the fact is there forum is the same as ours tattoo related there for also be suspended on the same accord.  So if your going to do it to one then come on be fair

http://nibville.myfreeforum.org/
Bravo

We don't get involved in inter forum squabbles. If there are breaches of T&C report them in the proper manner.

The photo and text of the guy on holiday was disgusting and from the forum admin not from 'trouble causers' from outside the forum.
loula120

so really i cant make a complaint because as myff said

The fact that a forum not under our control is doing bad things is not something we are in any position to address. You need to take that up with the hosts concerned.

who is the host ??? and how do i go about making a complaint , this is not something i am doing out of spite if you knew half of this story you may be of a different opinion , not regarding the posts but the bigger picture i thought thats what mods did see it from both sides and  stay neutral . i have asked for help and i wasnt helped i asked if this sort of thing happens and was told it does but not often . so who do i go to ????
myff admin

If there is a complaint against another forum, then take it up separately and present evidence that we can act on, as we have acted here.

We do not suspend of the basis of hearsay, or on the fact that comments are made about people on another forum, unless there is a clear line being crossed, or that abuse is the reason for the forums existence.

We have to draw a line between freedom of speech, not getting involved in petty idiotic squabbles and actual harassment. The line is not easy to draw, and we have no intentions of wasting our lives trying to be 100% fair, when it is not possible to actually be fair with the limited knowledge we can have on what is going on.

If the forum is elsehwere then "WHOIS" tools may tell you who to complain to.
loula120

ok thank you for your help again

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Terms and Conditions
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum