Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Competitions Rules
myff admin

Competitions - Read First before submitting your entry

You can enter your forum in as many categories as are relevant.

When entering a forum the subject line must be ONLY the link of the forum. e.g.

http://forum.myfreeforum.org/

Also give a link in the message.

The message should then say why you think you should be considered.

Prizes will be myfreeforum t-shirts.

Competitions will close at the end of August, and judging will be a democratic vote by the mods.
symon

So i take it same rules as last year mods are not allowed to enter their own forum,s
myff admin

As the MODs are the judges, they cannot enter.
Nick(NR)

There goes my best graphics title
myff admin

You enter by posting in the relevant sub forum.
Nick(NR)

To DigitalScape

Please don't post your forum in this thread, you must post your forum in the category you feel it's best suited to.

Coolest Style
Best Graphics
Top Of The Search
Best Niche
General Chat
Most Meaningful
DigitalScape

Nick(NR) wrote:
To DigitalScape

Please don't post your forum in this thread, you must post your forum in the category you feel it's best suited to.

Coolest Style
Best Graphics
Top Of The Search
Best Niche
General Chat
Most Meaningful

ok, thanks.
CodyT07

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
As the MODs are the judges, they cannot enter.

That include me
Blacksmith

is there a category for emptiest site?
Dede2

cant belive you said that, work hard. I have to very litle to say about my forum but I hope it will grow...someday.

The look is new most of the things on my sait are new except me
Silverpixie

I'm not sure if one of our Admin is still a mod here, so am I allowed to enter the competition or not please?
CodyT07

Silverpixie wrote:
I'm not sure if one of our Admin is still a mod here, so am I allowed to enter the competition or not please?

The name would help.
Mods

Ford
SGTS
MarkD
Viper
Nick(NR)
Symon
Me (for link exchange forum)
myff admin

He is a mod, but not currently active.

You can always enter, but it may be for the sake of fairness we would have to decide against allowing it.

Sorry about that
Silverpixie

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
He is a mod, but not currently active.

You can always enter, but it may be for the sake of fairness we would have to decide against allowing it.

Sorry about that

Thanks Admin.

He's not very active with us at the moment either, maybe I should ban him

(only joking Mark Wink )
connorconway

ermmm... by the way when i try to view ll the sub forums they ocme out really really weird

They're like all blue linesand stuff
myff admin

What link?
What browser?
Nick(NR)

connorconway wrote:
ermmm... by the way when i try to view ll the sub forums they ocme out really really weird

They're like all blue linesand stuff

screenshot, will help admin know where to look if it is a template error/bug
connorconway

Ok i use IE 7 and here's a screenshot of what it looks like for me:

myff admin

Works for me, but then my Avatar does not take up half the screen!
connorconway

lmao.... but it doesn't happen in any other of the forums i view.....

Only this one section

Maybe i shoul change my avatar to something smaller though
connorconway

ok i don't have n avatar at all now buti still see it like that

AND

now i see everything like that!!!! AHHHHH!!!! It takes me ages tofind what topic i need coz i'm clicking aimlessl, lmao
myff admin

Check through ie7 settings for something like "compatible mode" and turn it off.
Daniel(u1bd2005)

Just wondering since its the end of august now and the competitions should be closing about now, how long is judging expected to take, a week or two maybe? (or less?, or more?)
myff admin

You are right the competition is over. Judging will now begin

Time will be what time will be...
connorconway

great, lmao... I shouldn't have asked for the url change now. Everything reset itself so my template is terrible :lo: ah well... have fun voting
Daniel(u1bd2005)

Admin, My forum is entered into the top of the search area, and I have used the fact that my forum has a link on the official the4aces website as part of my post.
It looks like the4aces website has gone offline though (I think it may be permenantly, not sure though) and I was wondering wether this has lowered my chances of winning.

The reason I think the4aces site has gone permanantly is because the company Mystical Productions who made the4aces went out of business a while ago.

So has this affected my chances? I'll understand if it has.
myff admin

Well we will just have to see what the judges say, but not being current with what people are searching for cannot help.
mamodforums

Could I ask please, when will we find out who won what?
Nick(NR)

When we eliminate forums from the comp so there's only one left in each category.
mamodforums

Thanks for that
DSi

Will there be more competitions, or was that it?
Sapp

Hopefully there's more. I'm ready for some competition. :/
Nick(NR)

Usually at the start of July this happens, at current there has been no discussion about this.

One thing is to keep an eye on this area, just in case.
myff admin

I'd welcome a thread on competition ideas.

We have run the same system two years running and I'm bored with it.
How Unlucky

How about like Forum with most posts, Most forum visitors, Best RPG Forum, Best game Forum, Best Movie Forum, Best General Discussion Forum.
myff admin

"most posts" will never be a winning competition. Quality is not quantity!
How Unlucky

Most active forum would be good.
symon

How Unlucky wrote:

I`d say no to that aswell, as too many children, set their session timers to "for Ever" just to make it look like 2 million people have visited the forum , in the last 5 mins.

As if anyone believes them.  
Nick(NR)

How Unlucky wrote:

Stop changing your name pls, it's starting to get really annoying!
How Unlucky

Sorry nick ill keep this one for now on.
Nick(NR)

How Unlucky wrote:
Sorry nick ill keep this one for now on.

Please don't take this to heart, it's just that it starts to get rather confusing as it makes out there are several people coming from your forum and throws us off a little because a) we don't know you changed name and b) you may get treated differently in that a new name will hold no value as a retained one we will know what the person is capable of.
Sapp

Besides, "Most posts" and "Most activity" isn't really something you can vote on. It's already a fact.
How Unlucky

Yeah

Yea very true.
Nick(NR)

Sapp wrote:
Besides, "Most posts" and "Most activity" isn't really something you can vote on. It's already a fact.

That and I don't really feel like going through bucket loads of posts to find out which had the best content.
Kersus

Friendliest forum?  Most diverse forum?
Gosu71

If there was a competition for best gaming forum, then i'd love to enter mine into it.

On a side note, I have an idea. How about admin and the mods name a bog standard template and a forum genre i.e. football, gaming or basically whatever they come up with.

We all then have to use the said template and base the forum on the selected genre.

The person who comes up with the best forum wins the competition.

We could implement hacks, edit the template and all sorts of things we've learned off here to make it the best looking and most functional we can get it.

There would also be a time frame for finished entries to be in by.

Thoughts on this idea?
myff admin

I'd love to get some competitions running again, but it all takes time and effort to do properly.

The list of things that simply need doing to maintain and improve the service is pretty long.

This makes it an equation, do we want to spend 40 hours dealing with a fun competition, or 40 hours on improving the anti-spam system or any number of other needs we have currently?
Gosu71

I get your point.

You could always appoint a judging team of respected members of the help forum to help or do the judging, thus giving you and the mods all the time needed to go about your 'duties' as normal.

I think if we all got our heads together and posted our ideas on this then we could come up with an ideal solution.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Competitions Rules
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum