Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Post your forum
sertab

Coffee House Club

Coffee House Club
Forum Set up
Private

Administration
Register and wait for approval

Topics Discussed
General chat
Movies
Music
Jokes
Hobbies

Just to name a few.

We ask that you follow our simple guide lines of respecting fellow members and each other.

We are a friendly non political/religious talk

Hope to welcome you all
Ask Mr. Religion

You need to set up more Categories with Forums so persons know where to post topics for discussion.
sertab

Thank you for the advice but as I mentioned main body and catagories of the board are private and hidden and will be seen once recgistered.
Full Tilt Boogie

sertab wrote:
Thank you for the advice but as I mentioned main body and catagories of the board are private and hidden and will be seen once recgistered.

With respect, how are any potential new members supposed to know whether they might want to join if they're denied access to read or review your content prior to joining?

Apply the same logic to yourself - would you buy something from a shop if they refused to let you see it first before you were expected to pay for it? Not even a picture? Would order a meal in a restaurant without first having been given the opportunity to peruse the menu? I think you know the answer to both these questions.

Private/closed sites are all well and good, and some actually serve a local/regional or group-specific purpose (i.e. victims of abuse etc.), but beyond addressing those specific needs, and where they expect other members of the general public to join, they basically (and unavoidable so) become a clique who have no option but to resign themselves to being just a handful of existing members; as they can't provide adequate or visible incentive or reason (or, being non-viewable to non-members, evidence) for new members to join.

What you're effectively doing is asking people who don't know you, or your site's worth, to take you on trust and join your site in the fond hope that they might find some of your board's content engaging or of interest; but only after going through the rigmarole of having to sign-up to the site, and be vetted first for the privilege in doing so.

Ask yourself, what's their incentive to do that? What have you got that's so precious that it needs guarding with such an unnecessary gate-keeper approach? Especially since you say you seek new members and claim to be a 'chat' site encompassing such generalist topics as:

sertab wrote:
General chat
Movies
Music
Jokes
Hobbies

What's so precious about any of these topics that you need to vet members with an Admin-authorised acceptance policy? And you ban any political debate??!!

You can see how it all starts to look a wee bit saccharine and untemping, can't you?
Ask Mr. Religion

Full Tilt Boogie wrote:
You can see how it all starts to look a wee bit saccharine and untemping, can't you?
I agree with everything you posted.

Sertab, you can create some private forums that only members can access versus making all your forums private. No one stopping by your site would be inclined to register without being able to see at least a few site activities.
Louise

I agree, I did Take a Look because It sounded a forum In similar vein to my own, so thought I'd take a peek But everything being private put me off signing up.
sertab

Stitch And Stuff

Hi All

I didn't want to start a new thread since it is not really too new but there is an updated board.

Concentrating on once I figure out how the 'editor' thing works etc I want to see up the linked forum to a website via here to enable me to sell my needle craft products. Until then I have a general forum for all to join and take part in.

Have a look and if it takes your interest please do feel free to join and take part in the fun.
Gosu71

sertab wrote:
Stitch And Stuff

Hi All

I didn't want to start a new thread since it is not really too new but there is an updated board.

Concentrating on once I figure out how the 'editor' thing works etc I want to see up the linked forum to a website via here to enable me to sell my needle craft products. Until then I have a general forum for all to join and take part in.

Have a look and if it takes your interest please do feel free to join and take part in the fun.

Unless I can see the forum then I can't decide if I want to take part in the 'fun'.

You really should make your forum viewable to ALL.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Post your forum
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum