Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
Michael Crane

Changing to a new template

http://hisaronutheforum.myfastforum.org/index.php

My members have asked if I can change my current template based upon JenisonBands to a completely different one?

What are the consequences of such a change on the 'extras' I have already applied to the current one?

For example, I have altered the registration age limit.
Zudane

The only changes that will matter are ones you have made to the template itself.  If you did not edit the template (this does not include the admin panel options) then there will be no differences, although if you did change things such as images or adding portals, then you will need to do these again.

Of course, you could always use your editor account, force all users to use the primary template and see the changes with your editor account (this will not be affected by forcing users to use the primary template).  This is what the editor account is for - and what you should do for all template changes.
Michael Crane

I am not 100% certain that I understand the editor account. At the moment members are 'forced' to view #1 (for example). If I then log in as editor and choose any other template only I as editor will see it. Is that so?

But, I can't remember how/where I came across my current base-template. I remember there was a lot to choose from and I could see examples of each before choosing.  
myff admin

Yes the editor chooses their own template regardless of board settings.
Michael Crane

Where do I find new templates?
myff admin

There are 100's under the template management system.
Michael Crane

myff admin wrote:
There are 100's under the template management system.

Duh!  

Thanks.
Michael Crane

Michael Crane wrote:
I am not 100% certain that I understand the editor account. At the moment members are 'forced' to view #1 (for example). If I then log in as editor and choose any other template only I as editor will see it. Is that so?

The answer was Yes . . .  but when I recently logged in as editor and added a new template, everyone saw it!  

What did I do wrong?
Zudane

Set the default template for everybody in the admin panel - set the template for the editor account in the USER control panel.
Michael Crane

Aha! Thanks for the clarification.

Michael

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum