Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> The Graphics Hub
cheryl1989

Changing the look of my forum?

Hi, i have been running my forum for a while now and it is getting quite popular, i am currently looking at makeing my forum more personal looks wise, i have just switched my theme to a new one that will hopefully be able to except a banner, but i am not 100% happy with it. Is there anyway i can change the icons down the side of my forum, the ones that say if a new post has been made or if the post is locked and so on? also i was wondering on this current theme if there is anyway to change the colour of the text, and i mean the text that appears in white like the user names and amount of posts made, i would love them to be red if possible. Any help is very appreciated and i thank for your time. Here is my forum http://cherylsbreasttalk.myfastforum.org/index.php

Hugs Cheryl x
myff admin

You really need to look at Howtodoit, there are guides to everything and that is the starting point.
If you struggle with a guide, then support can help you.
cheryl1989

Thanks for replying so fast, i have tried to search myself but i do not know what to ask for exactly in the search how to do it section. I do not know what the correct terms are for the icons which show if a post is locked or a new post has been made. And when i enter changing colour of my text it does not bring this up. I am sorry but im not very good with all this as yet, but im trying my hardest to learn.

Hugs Cheryl x
Bravo

It was under 'editing forum template'.

http://howtodoit.myfreeforum.org/...hp?component=forum&forumid=36

The main guides on the left usually get you somewhere near to where you want to be
cheryl1989

Thanks again, i have found what i need to do lol but how do i find the codes for the colours i want my text to be, i know where to do it by following the guide but not sure what to put in for the colours i want, if thats how it works?

Hugs Cheryl x
myff admin

The short answer is the colours are hardcoded into:

myfs_cherylsbreasttalk3.css

and can be edited there. But it is not a trivial task where a one line answer would help.
cheryl1989

Thank you, so i guess its not just as simple as finding code for the colour i want and entering it in the edit section, this is going to take some html work i think and i really cannot get my head round it, i guess ill have to call it quits on this but thank you so much for all your help  

Hugs Cheryl x
myff admin

cheryl1989 wrote:
Thank you, so i guess its not just as simple as finding code for the colour i want and entering it in the edit section, this is going to take some html work i think and i really cannot get my head round it, i guess ill have to call it quits on this but thank you so much for all your help  

Hugs Cheryl x

It "may" be as simple as finding the code for the colour you want to replace, searching for it in the css and changing that code to the code you want.
cheryl1989

It would be good if i could do that, i only want a red and a black for liks and members names as they are all in white on this theme and they are difficult to see, where do i find the css, i am so sorry to keep asking these questions i feel pretty stupid right now, its just my forum means alot to me and want it right and i will asmit to struggling with these parts.

Thanks again
Hugs Cheryl x
lsg2007

help

you need to go into your admin panel and go to the page where you uploaded your logo.then at the top of this page you will see

Choose Forum template/javascript/css File to Edit
click on the dropdown box next to this title and look for your template name followed by .css then click on submit.

Code:
/* Name of poster in viewmsg.php and viewtopic.php and other places */
.name         { font-size : 12pt; }

/* Location, number of posts, post date etc */
.postdetails      { font-size : 12pt; }

try looking for some code that looks like the one above sometimes it has the colour option underneath

colour #123456 <<<
Nick(NR)

If your looking for the code that represents say pink(#FFCCFF)

http://www.colorschemer.com/online.html
cheryl1989

Hi everyone, thanks for all your help its very needed and appreciated, i have sorted things best i can but im not happy with the look of my forum, mainly the colour and i cannot seem to change alot of it in the edit screen it wont change, what i would like to do is change the white writing which appears in the members info box where there name and picture is located, you cannot see it and i have no idea how to change that so any help would be great i just want to change it to black, i would love to change the background of my forum to white aswell instead of lilac and i have no idea how to do that either or if it is even possible? maybe i need to change html code for this, if so does anyone know what i must change and what i should change it too to get these changes i have mentioned. Again i feel stupid for asking but i really am tring my hardest to learn this, but any help is very appreciated as always, you have all been great to me with your advice so thank you once again.

http://cherylsbreasttalk.myfastforum.org/index.php

Hugs Cheryl x
lsg2007

humm

ive joined your site to see the problem,but im a little lost i can see all the text where members avatars are which is next to there posts?? so im a little unsure where you problem is?
cheryl1989

Hi, thanks for looking but ive managed to figure it out now    about time lol but i have made alot of changes i wanted so thank you all.

Hugs Cheryl x

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> The Graphics Hub
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum