Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB2 General Support
Khan's

Changing post background colors

Hello,

I've been researching on the web that you're able to change the background color of certain posts for ranked users. Does anyone personally know how to change the code that allows a background color post change for ranked users?

Our web forum we're using is Phpbb2, and the link to it is: http://runetips07.myfastforum.org...=343fa7a0dced3d835ae8f605a60d267d

Thanks!
myff admin

It is possible but not easy, you do need to know your html/css

each post has template variables set up:

Code:

$style_class = "rank".$postrow[$i]['user_rank']." ";

if ( $postrow[$i]['user_level'] == ADMIN )
        {

$style_class .="rankadmin";
        }
        else if ( $postrow[$i]['user_level'] == MOD  )
        {
                $style_class .="rankmod";
        }
        else
        {
                $style_class .="rankuser";
        }

Code:

'POSTER_RANK' => $poster_rank,
                'POSTER_RANK_SYLE' => $style_class,
                'POSTER_RANK_ID' => $postrow[$i]['user_rank'],

and these can be the base for defining CSS styles for anything you want to alter.
Khan's

We're looking to buy a forum from Myfastforum.org via domain and hosting etc. Thanks for explaining that it is possible. Is there a code we need to change within that code you just provided us with? And which file would it be located in directly? Would it be within the header file, or the exact CSS file?
Khan's

Would this be the file? While searching the file, I cannot find the code you've listed.
myff admin

You won't find that code as that code is forums internal code showing you what macros are set.
Those macro mean you can define something in the viewtopic_body.tpl with class="{POSTER_RANK_STYLE}" and define how you want that to look in the CSS file.
This is stuff for people who do know html/css.
Khan's

So basically I'm out of luck? It's not changeable?
myff admin

Rightly for some wrongly for others we made the choice of making myff very very flexible in terms of what people can do by exposing an lot of information to the template system and letting people edit that, and to supply "portals" that work on the same basis. It means you can do a lot more, but it means it is not a matter of clicking a few boxes, you do need to learn the template system and html/css. People will try and help you do that, and we have had plenty of people coming through who have cut their teeth on this stuff with us, and have valued the experience.
But fair enough this approach is not going to work with everyone, as not everyone is going to want to do things that way.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB2 General Support
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum