Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
symon

Championship Manager for 1p!

Yahoo news

Videogame bargains abound on retail and online store shelves. But none, we think, is as spectacular as the one we’ve just found – Championship Manager 2010 on PC for whatever price you want to pay. Maybe even as little as a single Penny!

If you’re looking for the inevitable catch you’ll be pleased to know that there isn’t much of one. The offer runs from today until midnight on September 10th, during which time you can pre-order the game. After that, from September 11th onwards, you’ll be able to download the full version of the game directly from the website, www.champmanstore.com You just pay whatever price you think is reasonable and cover a small administration charge (£2.50) to take care of costs encountered in delivering the game. Hey, that’s fair enough, right?

So what’s behind this sudden and entirely unexpected generosity? Quite simply the game’s publishers, Eidos, claim they want to get as many players using, and enjoying the software as possible. It’s an idea inspired by Radiohead, who released their ‘In Rainbows’ album in a similar fashion. Whatever the case this is some kind of first for video games and it’s a brilliant way to access what looks like being a the best, most comprehensive outing in the series yet. Put another way, football fans would be nuts to miss out.

One last question, then – what are you waiting for...?
Daniel(u1bd2005)

More fun than playing the game, reading the comments.

Quote:
Great way for publicity, bad way to treat future customers with a poor website that simply does not work - bah

Quote:
I've been charged twice and havent recieved any e-mail confirmation

Quote:
This is a con! Tried it twice! It just froze!

Quote:
ive contacted my bank and I have been charged twice. Both times i pressed continue an error page came up. My advice is don't try to buy again if it fails first time.

Quote:
I have tried three times but each time it failed just a joke and a con, if you can't follow through with your promises don't make them!

Quote:
Having the same issue with the message internel error, but if you click on zone 3 (download area) it tells me ive purchased it 4 times, just need to wait until 11th sep

Quote:
Don't know how many times I have been charged yet. Just got in from work and my wife says the credit card company are ringing me back later. If they add any charges Edios WILL be paying them.

Quote:
i tried 3 times all i get is webserver error.....fed up not going to bother......probably allready cost me £30 any way!!!!!! no idea if its allready come out of my bank! if it has then a phone call to watchdog is on the cards....

Quote:
I have been charged twice and I want to know if I can get a refund on one of the purchases?

Quote:
Yep, they have stuffed up good and proper. I've been charged 3 times, what a bloody con! How do I go about getting my refund?

Quote:
Hi just got the error everyone else seems to be getting does this mean I havent ordered CM?? or have I? tried twice and im a bit reluctant to give it another go till I know really Cheers Fran

Quote:
just checked my bank account and because of this CWebUser.email" is not defined error happening to me, I have had two lots of money taken from my account...Hopefully Eidos will sort this????

Quote:
same thing happened says i bought it 2 times because it didn't go through so i check and there we are purchased it twice

Quote:
I tried logging in and out about five times. It worked on the last one with a conformation however on the next screen it appears i have bought it every time! Not too happy with that and they better only charge me the once1

(lots more comments, it's basically every comment on the site (with a few exceptions) where people are getting an error message so they're trying again and getting charged several times.)

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum