Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
AndyMN

Can't move forums with sub-forums attached

http://xbl360.myfreeforum.org/index.php

I was wondering if there was a way to quickly move forum around, instead of doing up or down
all the time. I'm having trouble moving some because a lot have sub-forums, and don't shift around.
Is there a way to move forums without needing to remove the sub-forums?

I've been on other forum sites where it'll say, "Place forum after ________" and you just put the
desired location, and it'll be there automatically instead of needing to be moved manually.
myff admin

Sorry, but what you see is the only way to do it. A bit painful, but forums don't need moving often.
AndyMN

What about the whole, unable to move because of sub-forums thing? Is that changeable?
myff admin

You should be able to move up/down, are you sure you are no trying to move them "up/down" between categories?
AndyMN

Yeah, the topic I'm trying to move is at the bottom of the list, when I click "Up" nothing happens, it just sits at the bottom.
myff admin

try moving the one above it down.
AndyMN

Nope, nothing. It only seems to work if I take away the sub-forum from the above
forum. Otherwise, no go.
AndyMN

I went and tried to move some of my other forums, and it let me, but the newer one won't move at all.
myff admin

you might find that if you change the category of the forum and then change it back it fixes the issue.
AndyMN

I deleted the sub-forums, maybe I'll try again at a later date. Thanks.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum