Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB2 General Support
Michael Crane

Can't change Forum logo

carvoeirochitchat

subsilver (edited for logo change)

I have followed the video that was included in the Introduction to my new Forum to the letter on size, gif and making the edited style the default but it doesn't change the logo at all.
Bravo

You must give the (myfree/myfast/myfine)forum.org link/address of your forum. A link should be given to the problem if at all possible. Do this whether you think it is important or not. DO NO GIVE YOUR OWN DOMAIN LINK IT MUST BE THE NAME YOU CREATED HERE.
Search on the forum and on howtodoit for your problem before posting. 90% of the posts we get have easily found answers if you search on a couple of key words from your post. If this is not the case report the keywords you searched on and we will make sure search works for the next person to try the same search terms. Each time someone doesn't bother to use the search, questions accumulate in the forum making it harder for people to actually find answers! as people searching will end up finding the question and not the answer.
Keep it to one support question per thread, if you have another question start a new topic. This will help others using "search" to find answers.
Michael Crane

http://carvoeirochitchat.myfastforum.org/index.php

I searched using 'change logo image' in Search Support and got nothing. Then I searched HowToDoIt and got nothing again.

I am hoping to change the phpbb logo (top left) for one of my own but to no avail despite everything being correct as per the instructions.
symon

I typed in logo in the search on HOWTODOIT and found the answer straight away

http://howtodoit.myfreeforum.org/about559.html&highlight=logo
Michael Crane

I've done exactly as it says . . .  but it doesn't change the logo!

I don't know why. I am using Opera - would this make a difference?
Bravo

You're going to have to give more information, what happens when you do a, b, c...etc
Just saying 'it won't work' is not enough. These instructions have worked literally thousands of times, so we need to know what you're doing wrong or what has gone wrong with your software.
Michael Crane

After several attempts at doing everything correctly (100% certain each time) I gave up . . . . and this morning it appeared!  

Resolved.
symon

So the moral of the story was you did not clear cache .

When ever editing a page or logo , some browsers will stick until you clear cache.
ratty

when I change mine www.yamahaxjrclub.com nothing seems to happen until the next day, even if i clear my browser cache or view from another device?

http://yamahaxjrclub.myfreeforum.org/ hope u like my snow lol

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB2 General Support
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum