Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
bec29b

can someone please help???

can someone please help, not sure if im putting this in the right part as its all new........

i want to know if someone could tell me how to make it so that when you go on my forum you have to become a member before you can look at the topics......

can anyone help??
thanks
panther_dust

i wouldent recomend this before you put this plan into action i would sugest you take alook at the my fried forum thread and think about it hard.....
Yes admin iv been doing my research lol
myff admin

http://forum.myfreeforum.org/ftopic5090.php
bec29b

i think your a nasty person in the way you have put that, no need to be so smart

panther_dust wrote:
i wouldent recomend this before you put this plan into action i would sugest you take alook at the my fried forum thread and think about it hard.....
Yes admin iv been doing my research lol
bec29b

thanks

a big thanks i done it, couldnt of done it without you thanks again

admin (no pm's please) wrote:
http://forum.myfreeforum.org/ftopic5090.php
panther_dust

no tbeing meen im just trying to point out the fact that if you do this then guests wont see your forum and there for wont no wat to expect and just wont join........
bec29b

hmm

well the way i look at it, mazda obsession what could that mean??to have an obsession with mazdas........now saying that up the top clear as day, would you join to see if their were holdens???like ive said to so so many people who have bag me for being a female and doing a car site is, if people join great and if they dont who cares, as it was something i wanted to have ago at. I just though you could have put it a different way.... bec

ps have you look at my forum????then tell me if you think people wont know what to expect

panther_dust wrote:
no tbeing meen im just trying to point out the fact that if you do this then guests wont see your forum and there for wont no wat to expect and just wont join........
DavidGarden

Hi there Just had a look at your forum, and I fully admire you for the way you have Built the forum this is perfect in everyway.
nothing, wrong with this forum at all as for women doing a car site and forum again, whats wrong with that also in regards to
the last members statement about Guests I also do not allow guests in the forum at all if you want to join my karaoke forum
then guests have to register its as simple as that so nothing wrong by not allowing guests in your forum this is your forum
so your the Boss here David.

kindests regards David in scotland GB.

Paintballjack

Need some information

rebornbn.myfreeforum.org

I have searched the portals list, Profile fields, Ranks and Karma. But I still can not find what Im looking for.

What I am wanting to do is set up a ranking system for my members. I want this to appear under their Avatar. I want an image to display like the one I have over the avatar. I have looked and can do a single one but need it to have multiple images. This will only be added by admin. Can any one give me more information on this area.
myff admin

I'm sure this has been anwsered before. Add another profile field with similar settings to the KARMA field.
Paintballjack

Sorry admin

Do I need to add one for each rank since I have multiple ranks.
myff admin

If you want to show multiple ranks per user, then you need multiple fields.
Paintballjack

I did not make myself clear

I do not want to make multiple ranks per user. I just want to display their rank under the Avatar. But I have multiple ranks that can be issued. Each user will have a different rank. But I want it to be added by admin only. I am so sorry that I do not know how to articulate this in Computer language. Im just a cop, but Im trying hard. I have made leaps and bonds though with your help.

So thank you in advance.

Jack
Paintballjack

Question I think this will work

Admin,

rebornbn.myfreeforum.org

If I create a Profile Field and set it to Dropdown box, can I set the images to multiple and If so how. Would it be done the same way as the values seperated by a comma. If so this will work.
myff admin

making the dropdown box image names separated by a "," should work, don't use spaces.

Make sure the "Display as image" field is correct for the images used.
Paintballjack

Didnt work either

Still looking and searching, I will find it. I know it.
myff admin

So another double post that says nothing useful but wastes the time of those that might help  
Paintballjack

Sorry Admin

I am so sorry, I will keep my post on the other topic, I just got carried away, Since I posted here also. Sometimes I do not realize where I have posted. But I will limit this to the other post. Thanks so much for just helping me out and not killing me. Being an admin reminds me of being a cop, everyone is always looking for the answer and they think we should give it to them at every request. Once again Im so sorry.

Sgt. J. Hughes
Immigration Custom Enforcement.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum