Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
825th_Outlaw

Birthday Notification Action

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

Enter your myff forum url here (or link to your specific problem) :
My Test Forum

Please indicate keywords you have searched on:
Birthday

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>
I have the birthday bit working fine, but wanted to extend it, so thet it notifies moderators the day before a birthday (so that we can post a happy birthday post ) and also send the user a Happy Birthday PM on the day.

Now, the filter seems to be the key, but what keyword would I use in the VALUE field to test for current date? I can then (I assume) make a filter equal to current date to send the user a PM via an action, then a PM a day before via a filter of current date minus 1?

Or perhaps there is a way to do this from the BIRTHDAY portal itself? (I totally lost at the point)

Or perhaps again, I cant do this as it requires a user action at login/visit time ...

Regards

Paul
myff admin

Once again this falls outside of the designed behavior of the system.

When the dust has settled from all the things currently going on, I will be taking another look at ACTIONs in general.
825th_Outlaw

Oh well, did wonder if it would be feasable.

You never, know, some of my strange requests may spark a good add on one day! I'll keep thinking of things for my forum tho, hope you dont mind!  

Thanks for reply

Paul

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum