Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> The Graphics Hub
Bravo

Artwork

No other reason than 'felt like it'.

Well, was looking through some 'classic' logo's on the internet and wondered how a Ford type MFF logo would look.

myff admin

Nice work

Are you making anything out of artwork these days?
Bravo

I still keep my hand in yes.  I closed CG Arts down though, when I had to come away from it for a while due to personal reasons, it was never the same again.  It sort of died.  I wanted it to be a bit of a resource for artists with loads of things to practice on as well as being useful for other people.  We ended up with rude people who wanted professional work doing for free, though of course there were many good people that went on too.  And i do think some people ended up going on to learning software themselves.  So a positive in the end.

I was going to propose a forum section on here for artwork requests but the most common would be themed button/icon sets which are an absolute nightmare to make, because it isn't just one or two things to make, it's like 20 or so, and in my mind that much work stops being enjoyable and becomes a chore, and should be paid for really.  Same with rank sets.
myff admin

I spent several years in the "shareware" arena, working very hard indeed, but didn't even make a pittance.

It is really tough finding solutions that allow for you both to freely help people which can be fun, and to actually earn money which is obviously essential.

And as you say the number of people who are darn right rude and unappreciative of effort does not encourage things much.
Bravo

Indeed, a lot of people don't realise just how much work goes into programming etc.

I prefer artwork while it's fun.

Currently having a potter about with different styles of logo, made another MFF one in a text type style.  Again, just for fun/practice.

I wonder if it could be a decent idea to have a 'banner request' section in the community pages?  Link to forum template to be used, and let people put up their designs.  Those that get picked, maybe top five artists of the year win a t-shirt/mug/baseball cap/etc (I'd keep count if required).  Specifying forum headers would cut out the requests for ranks and button sets
myff admin

Will see if other feedback appears, but I think that is a pretty good idea.
danm97

Its a great idea !!

Not that I would work on it but I would definitly follow this forum and put my comments in there !!
GentleD

Your logos are really great, Bravo, nice job. I miss your forum to this day. Like the banner request idea.

Have a good one,
Kat
Bravo

You got Photoshop yet Kat?  
GentleD

LOL, you going to buy it for me, Bravo?

Kat
GentleD

GentleD wrote:
LOL, you going to buy it for me, Bravo?

Kat

Didn't mean that the way it sounded. No, haven't got photoshop yet. Still working with photoimpact. When I get photoshop, it will be the latest version. And I just cannot afford it right now. It will wait, I am in no hurry.

Have a good one,

Kat
Bravo

Oh no, lol wasn't taken in any other way than intended

Yes it is very expensive.  You can get 2nd hand versions on ebay.  Or simply do what I did and have a daughter go to university studying art and when she gets new licenses simply have her old ones

I'm using cs3, it's up to cs5 now, and to be honest cs3 has all the bells and whistles you need.
GentleD

Hmmmmmmmm, I hadn't thought of ebay for the second hand versions. I am sure there are people out there that had gotten CS3 and than lost interest. I would love to give myself it as a gift for Christmas. Thanks for the tip.

Kat
Bravo

Not sure what this style of logo is called, but I do enjoy making ribbons and scroll banners etc

I did think we'd have a few more takers for the logo section by now.
myff admin

Very nice, a reminder that the support forum does need a major rework style wise.
GentleD

Wow, nice work, Bravo. Ribbons are cool to make.

Kat
uaeproperty123

Bravo wrote:
Not sure what this style of logo is called, but I do enjoy making ribbons and scroll banners etc

I did think we'd have a few more takers for the logo section by now.

This one is much better than other one!
Bravo

Bit more farting about, experimenting a little in perspectives which frustratingly Ps3 doesn't allow you to do with vectors, you can bizarrely warp a shape but not alter it's perspective  

Nick(NR)

distort and skew?

for fireworkscs4 I do have a perspective plugin, but in truth I don't use it that much, I stick to distort and skew for the most part or wrap text to path if I'm need to put the text onto a curve
Bravo

Nick(NR) wrote:
distort and skew?

No distort either, though skew of course is fine.

Just done a few experiments and it seems it is the mixture of text and shapes it doesn't like, so all I had to do in the end was convert the text to a shape and job done
Nick(NR)

Was gonna say convert text to path is always a winner Wink

it's what I did here, I found a similar text to what I needed and wrapped the text to shape and then converted it to path to be able to tweak the lettering to match, btw this wallpaper is a complete remake of one a band used in promo shots which they never release, so only had a small low quality pic to work with.
Bravo

Nick(NR) wrote:
what I did here

Very nice mate, very nice indeed.  
lsg2007

gee

gee my PS skills are very basic when looking at your designs,they are really good logos
Bravo

Re: gee

lsg2007 wrote:
gee my PS skills are very basic when looking at your designs,they are really good logos

I think a lot of it is endless 'farting about'  

I do a lot of googling on icons and logos.  Love to see other people's work and then try emulate it a little with my own added twist.  And of course lot's and lot's of tutorials.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> The Graphics Hub
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum