Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
Zudane

Affilliates box

Okay, I want to add an affiliates box, or something of the sort, to my forum.

The thing is that I use multiple styles, and don't want to edit each one every time I change it at all.

What I want is to be able to edit a single file, something like a portal, so that I can have them all display the same thing, but so that the styles match.

I know that I can do an iframe on the forum with a page that has the links, but that's not what I want, because the style of the page wouldn't match all the templates I use.

Is there a way I could add something that has a transparent background, or simple adds the affiliate logos where I want, without anything extra?

I was thinking of some sort of javascript page that would do it, but I'm not that skilled with javascript.

If you aren't sure exactly what I mean... picture adding a row of affiliates button to the bottom of the forum on each style, but having a single file to edit to change them all.
panther_dust

You can make iframe backgrounds transparent but why not do what i do and use a forum box better described here.. If you scroll down to the bottom you will see a "Parners" box which displays what you want....

Crumpled-Tapes
Zudane

I'd rather make it a stand-alone bar, rather than a forum.  To me that looks a little tacky.
Zudane

Yea, there is a code for what I want, it is just an iframe, no border and transparent background.

Code:
<iframe src="xxx" name="xxx" width="100%" height="xx" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

and then in the header on the page with the links...

Code:
<style type="text/css">
Body { Background: transparent; }
</style>

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum