Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
ma77th3gr34t

Adding your site to search engines

I have seen a couple posts about people saying they added themselves to search engines and was curious how to do this and is it an important thing to do. I thought that bots will search the forum and add me to engines by determining that my forum is worth being added. If i have got this wrong please let me know.

thanks

Matt
symon

Re: Adding your site to search engines

ma77th3gr34t wrote:
I have seen a couple posts about people saying they added themselves to search engines and was curious how to do this and is it an important thing to do. I thought that bots will search the forum and add me to engines by determining that my forum is worth being added. If i have got this wrong please let me know.

thanks

Matt

Please read here to see HOWTODOIT
Danny M

just type in on google - add my site to google - and its the first link what comes up and takes like between 2-4 weeks i think

but i dont know how you put themon like MSN, Yahoo, Ask Jeeves etc
CodyT07

Danaldinho wrote:
just type in on google - add my site to google - and its the first link what comes up and takes like between 2-4 weeks i think

Easy, put a link in your profile and read how to do it 5 times and help people with their questions. Wink
ma77th3gr34t

Danaldinho wrote:

i did that and it says i need to verify my account by uploading a html file? How od i do this? Or i can add a meta tag but i dont know what that is or how to do that

Can someone explain this to me please

Thanks

Ma77
ma77th3gr34t

I figured out how to do the meta tag....does that do anything to the forum or does it just make it easier for google to index my forum?
symon

Again clcik on the link above to HOWTODOIT it is all on there.
norwich1992

I just keep clicking my homepage and it added

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Search Engines
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum