Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> The Graphics Hub
issy

Adding banner at top of my forum

http://premiumdenimplace.com/admi...=f99dd5f7f4b489a0454aa8de7ef3f01a

Hi, i know this has been asked about 'hundreds' of times and i have looked at 'howtodo' too but im really struggling on how to apply a banner to the top of my forum

this is the banner im trying to add to my forum :

Bravo

WHich part of howtodo(it) did you follow?

What search terms did you use?
myff admin

There are plenty of guides for adding a banner, if all you tell us is that you can't do it, then all we could do is repost a guide, which presumably you should have found and tried to follow already....
issy

I did try my very best to follow this one:

http://howtodoit.myfreeforum.org/about18.html&highlight=font

Im obviously haven't a clue about these things and new to it.

And im trying my very best to learn.
Bravo

issy wrote:
I did try my very best to follow this one:

http://howtodoit.myfreeforum.org/about18.html&highlight=font

Im obviously haven't a clue about these things and new to it.

And im trying my very best to learn.

That guide is well written and correct, so which part of it did you get stuck on?  How far did you get?
issy

Im just not the brightest when it comes to computers.

This is what im stuck at:  

Change logo

The easy way to change the logo is to upload your new logo in the
Upload Image (make sure the filename does not contain spaces)
Area and before doing so rename it the exactly the same as the default logo for example the default logo on Acid is mylogo.gif so if i wanted to change it i would make sure my new logo image is done in .gif and would name it mylogo.gif (note caps make a difference it must be exact even the .gif and not be .GIF).

Now you would simply click browse find it on your computer then click submit this if done correct will just replace the default logo.(centring it and moving it around the header is more complex and a basic knowledge of HTML codes would be needed).

To find out what your default logo is called just click on the scroll bar under Select Image and when you click on each file it will show it under Image Preview

Once you are done go back to Admin panel and General Configuration the by using the scroll bar name default style select the mff_1 you have just made.

Or you can just click on the make this default template button.
Please remember once you have done this you may have to refresh your page a few times and clear your cookies

If you see an error saying You are over you image quota. So the image could not be uploaded It means you need to delete some images as you have too many or too large images.

Also would this make me have a logo at the very top of my forum??
myff admin

I'm afraid that is still not very helpful.

We don't know what you have done, have you even copied a template and got into the template editor?
issy

Ive manage to upload my image and edit it.

Im trying to get it set so that everyone can see it on my forum at the top.

This part im having problems with :

Once you are done go back to Admin panel and General Configuration the by using the scroll bar name default style select the mff_1 you have just made.

Or you can just click on the make this default template button.
Please remember once you have done this you may have to refresh your page a few times and clear your cookies

If you see an error saying You are over you image quota. So the image could not be uploaded It means you need to delete some images as you have too many or too large images.
myff admin

I'd suggest trying a different template, from the looks of your forum the "default" button picks out the wrong part of that template as the logo. So using "Default" will make a mess of things.
Nick(NR)

http://premiumdenimplace.com/temp...remiumdenimplace2/images/logo.gif

the above is the name of your current logo, if the image you want to replace if a gif, just change the name of it and upload, as it will overwrite what's there, after that you may need to go to your overall_header and remove the width and height for the image, if your image is jpg, just find the link above from templates/ and change the image name there once you've uploaded your jpg, all on template slot2 of course
issy

Thankyou!!  

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> The Graphics Hub
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum