Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
GraphiXtreme

Actions Portal PM

Link: http://swapitshopboards.myfreeforum.org

Search terms: actions PM

Question: I am utilising the "First PM message" field in the Actions portal (specifically for sending a PM to a new user) but it seems dodgy when dealing with HTML. The message supposed to be sent is the following:
Quote:
Hey!

Welcome to SwapitShop Boards! If you have any questions or queries, drop me a PM, and I'd be more than happy to help. Be sure to check out the rules to make sure you don't get into any trouble.

Also, as a reward for joining, you have been given 100 credits to spend in the shop or can gamble in the virtual betting section!

Hope you stick around.

SwapitShop Boards staff

but the registering member recieves:

Code:
Hey!<br /><br />Welcome to SwapitShop Boards! If you have any questions or queries, drop me a PM, and I'd be more than happy to help. Be sure to check out the <a href="http://swapitshopboards.com/about3.html">rules</a> to make sure you don't get into any trouble.<br /><br />Also, as a reward for joining, you have been given 100 credits to spend in the <a href="http://swapitshopboards.com/shop.html">shop</a> or can gamble in the virtual betting section!<br /><br />Hope you stick around.<br /><br />SwapitShop Boards staff
myff admin

Is html enabled at the board level ?
GraphiXtreme

admin (no pm's please) wrote:

Yes.

Quote:
Allow HTML: Yes
Allowed HTML Tags: *
myff admin

I'm puzzled then as I have tested this in the office and it worked, I have checked your portal settings and they are pretty much identical as well.

The relevant code on server and office are also the same  

Anyone else have any bright ideas before I delve deeper?
Nick(NR)

Just wondering if special characters create an issue as some do get used in html, so maybe it's end result is malformed html?

but really as this is being done as a pm and not an email, shouldn't it be done in bbcode?
myff admin

Doesn't alter the fact it should work. I need to check this on a test forum on the same server.
There are some php issues with equality testing that may cause a difference on one server to another. Though at the moment I cannot see where.
GraphiXtreme

Nick(NR) wrote:
Just wondering if special characters create an issue as some do get used in html, so maybe it's end result is malformed html?

but really as this is being done as a pm and not an email, shouldn't it be done in bbcode?

Already tried it and BBCode also shows as plain-text.
myff admin

All adds up to a phpbb equality issue, but no idea where at the minute. Will sort tomorrow I hope. Well today now.
myff admin

GraphiXtreme wrote:

Yes.

Quote:

How can support ever work, if when we ask a question you tell us something that is not true.

You false answer here has cost at least 1 hour of my time  
GraphiXtreme

GraphiXtreme wrote:

Yes.

Quote:

How can support ever work, if when we ask a question you tell us something that is not true.

You false answer here has cost at least 1 hour of my time  

HTML was, when I answered your question, and is, now, enabled.
myff admin

But your allowed html tags was set to "*, center" and you said it was "*".
GraphiXtreme

But your allowed html tags was set to "*, center" and you said it was "*".

Ah, in that case I am extremely sorry. I didn't realise our other administrator had added that, I should have checked before providing false information.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Portal components
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum