Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB2 General Support
uncle aj

A member cannot post using an iPad.

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

http://uncleaj.myfastforum.org/index.php

Please indicate keywords you have searched on: iPad

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>>

One of my members has complained that he cannot enter posts directly into the forum using an iPad.  He has to write it out in "Notes" then copy and paste to make a post.  Do you know of any reason why this is happening?

Here is his post........

"Ok I can't post here anymore. I just had a big long post and when I hit enter my iPad crashed.

THE SAME DAMN THING HAPPENED LAST NIGHT.
Seems the only way to post is to write in NOTES and copy/paste."
myff admin

I don't know the answer but would respectably suggest that this is an iPad issue and not a forum issue.
uncle aj

myff admin wrote:
I don't know the answer but would respectably suggest that this is an iPad issue and not a forum issue.

That was my first thought, thanks for the confirmation.
seniors

Just as a reply to this. I use my iPad 90% of the time to post on my forum and no problems at all with it. I also post with my iPhone at times again no problem
Bravo

Also, if people are having these kind of issues they don't have to send their forum admin on here to ask about it, everyone is free to come here and mention their issue themselves. If this problem is occurring on that forum, then presumably it occurs here. It is easier to deal direct with the person involved than to have forum admins running about back and forth. It may be something easily solved, or they might be making an easily fixed mistake. Hard to say without more detail.
seniors

Bravo wrote:
Also, if people are having these kind of issues they don't have to send their forum admin on here to ask about it, everyone is free to come here and mention their issue themselves. If this problem is occurring on that forum, then presumably it occurs here. It is easier to deal direct with the person involved than to have forum admins running about back and forth. It may be something easily solved, or they might be making an easily fixed mistake. Hard to say without more detail.

If I may reply to your observations. I think that as admins if we ask the question it is in our interests as well. Then should a member of our forums gets the same problem we can answer it. Or even post a thread about the subject. In the end the question has to be asked whether it's the admins or the member themselves. Also if the member goes direct then we may not have any idea they are having problems.

Just my point if view
uncle aj

seniors wrote:
Bravo wrote:

If I may reply to your observations. I think that as admins if we ask the question it is in our interests as well. Then should a member of our forums gets the same problem we can answer it. Or even post a thread about the subject. In the end the question has to be asked whether it's the admins or the member themselves. Also if the member goes direct then we may not have any idea they are having problems.

Just my point if view

Thanks Seniors, my sentiment as well.

I have managed to contact the member who has the problem (he's in a different time zone).  It transpires that his iPad is an old model and has been giving him some problems recently.  He did go on to say that he had no problems posting from his phone.  I think it's safe to say the fault definitely lies with the iPad.  

Thanks again for everyone's input.
Bravo

My observations were saying more that people don't 'have' to send admins here for their issues. If that's how people prefer it that is their choice. I was just saying that ordinary members reading this with an issue are free to address it themselves if they wish.

Quite often this type of single occurence issue is solved very quickly. A recent one that went on for days where someone was having difficulty logging in turned out to be them trying their email address instead of username, if that person had come directly it would have been solved much more quickly than it was.
uncle aj

Bravo wrote:
My observations were saying more that people don't 'have' to send admins here for their issues. If that's how people prefer it that is their choice. I was just saying that ordinary members reading this with an issue are free to address it themselves if they wish.

Quite often this type of single occurence issue is solved very quickly. A recent one that went on for days where someone was having difficulty logging in turned out to be them trying their email address instead of username, if that person had come directly it would have been solved much more quickly than it was.

Fair comment.
seniors

Bravo wrote:

Quite often this type of single occurrence issue is solved very quickly. A recent one that went on for days where someone was having difficulty logging in turned out to be them trying their email address instead of username, if that person had come directly it would have been solved much more quickly than it was.

Yes of course you are right in those instances. One thing I do though is drop by here on a regular basis to see if there are known problems. If that then crops up on my forum then I can address it straight away. Even if its only saying "It is a known issue and they are looking into it" There was a problem the other day where there was some double posting going on on some forums. I noticed that one of my members posts were being duplicated. As it was only one I didn't think it was the general issue , but rather a double submission by mistake.

However you guys do a great job in sorting problems out, where ever they are submitted  from. Keep up the good work.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB2 General Support
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum