Archive for myfreeforum.org Before posting please check the "stickies" in the support forums.
Please ask questions in real English and not "txt". You will get a better response.
Please do not ask support questions via PMs.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
derry

"front" background image on subsilver

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

Enter your myff forum url here, if the issue is on a particular part of the forum, then give a link to where the problem actually is. Do not enter your own domain name it must be the actual myff link : www.foreverangels.myfastforum.org

If you are asking a template related question, what is the name of the template: subsilver

Please indicate keywords you have searched on: changing front background image (and variations of this)

Hi, I'm trying to change the background image on our forum page, however following what it says in HOWTODOIT only changes the overall border round the very outside of the page, what part of code do i need to change to have it around the forum tables, ie, around the cherub picture etc..

In the template management i can only see the option to change this overall background, or do i just put the link to the image in instead of a hex colour? Or is this just a particular issue with the subsilver template?

Thanks,

Derry
myff admin

The easiest approach here is to just be thorough. You can see that the color is :

b8d0dc (remember the code may be upper or lowercase)

So where in Styles/Management/Edit does that color occur?

If it is not there, then is there a .css file with it in there?
derry

Looking at it in management it is in the background colour box, probably a silly question but how do i see if it's in a .css file?

just looked, is it this?

myfs_foreverangels3/myfs_foreverangels3.css
myff admin

Yes.
derry

I just realsied how to do it, it was because I still had a colour set as table colour 2, deleted that and theres the image, woohoo!
myff admin

I think you have #B8D0DC still set as the background color in styles management/edit.
snowgoose

In the CSS it will say something like;

background-color: #blah

what you need to do is edit that to say

background-url: yourimageurl

If you go Here that's the page on W3schools for CSS backgrounds, that should be able to help.
derry

I did indeed, I thought it was going to be much more complicated than it was!

I must say am really enjoying using this site and the how to's, considering I have no real progrmming knowledge and managed to come up with something half decent!

I just wantto say thanks for providing the resource that we can do this.

Derry
Nick(NR)

snowgoose wrote:
In the CSS it will say something like;

background-color: #blah

what you need to do is edit that to say

background-url: yourimageurl

If you go Here that's the page on W3schools for CSS backgrounds, that should be able to help.

as good as w3schools is it doesn't include shorthand css:

body
{
background: #000000 url('/images/bgdesert.jpg')
}

this would allow the color to show if there is no image present
drazen

Geesh .. I'm battling to get this right, following this informative thread, I've edited the .CSS and gone into the admin, config etc. I looked at your foreverangels forum to see what the effect is and I can see that our forums table almost takes up the whole page, thereby hiding the background except on the borders. What puzzles me even more is that the foreverangels forum has the background coming through on the forums section table too (am I making sense?).

Does Derry have PHPBB3?
drazen

Basically, trying to at least get the background image to replace the "white" portion around the tables. Is that possible without too much trouble?  
drazen

Got it right ... apologies for spamming this thread (felt like I was talking to myself   ).
myff admin

Not a problem, you should see the staffroom   I have pages of talking to myself.

myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Web page/template Editing
Page 1 of 1
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum