FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Who is OnlineWho is Online   Join! (free) Join! (free)  
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  • Welcome

The free forums are now under new ownership, a full announcement will be made shortly
another wedding

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
Posted:     Post subject:

myff admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 92800

Add Karma

rated by 281 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: another wedding  Reply with quote

and several more posts about how downsizer.net has improved people lives

It is a reminder that whilst forums have taken a hit due to facebook, they do represent people forming distinct communities that can become very real life changing communities.

Family Friendly Shareware | | Web Design/Services | Free Forums
Bravo
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 24320

Add Karma

rated by 32 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 4:49 am    Post subject: Re: another wedding Reply with quote

myff admin wrote:
forums have taken a hit due to facebook

While I think that is true I do think there will be a resurgence in forums, especially as they become more iphone/mobile/etc friendly.  Facebook is VERY intrusive, of course people say well what do you care so long as you are doing nothing wrong? And the reply is well I'm doing nothing wrong in my living room either but I wouldn't want a cctv camera in there.
Gosu71
Teacher
Teacher
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 3520

Add Karma

rated by 6 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:10 pm    Post subject: Re: another wedding Reply with quote

Bravo wrote:
myff admin wrote:
forums have taken a hit due to facebook

While I think that is true I do think there will be a resurgence in forums, especially as they become more iphone/mobile/etc friendly.  Facebook is VERY intrusive, of course people say well what do you care so long as you are doing nothing wrong? And the reply is well I'm doing nothing wrong in my living room either but I wouldn't want a cctv camera in there.

Since the ticker tape on Facebook, where you get to see everything your friends do, Facebook has gone beyone intrusive for me. It's a nosey parker/stalker's dream come true. I spent quite a lot of time on there but have had enough and de-activated my account 2 weeks ago. I would like to have deleted it totally but there isn't that option.
Site Admin
Site Admin
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 92800

Add Karma

rated by 281 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed, they and google for that matter have a voracious and frankly criminal desire for you personal data.
Google have been done for wireless network snooping, and facebook thinks nothing of running advertising done by scammers  

This is the level of behaviour of two immensely rich companies, here we have to deal with some commercial realities but have never and would never stoop anywhere near as low.

Family Friendly Shareware | | Web Design/Services | Free Forums
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: