FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Who is OnlineWho is Online   Join! (free) Join! (free)  
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  • Welcome

Customization from phpbb2 to phpbb3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shiryu
Pupil
Pupil
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 330

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2017 11:29 pm    Post subject: Customization from phpbb2 to phpbb3  Reply with quote

http://icavalieridellozodiaco.myfreeforum.org/ and http://icavalieridellozodiaco.hotblack3.myfreeforum.org/index.php

I'm practicing the switch to phpbb3 in case it becomes necessary here or we decide to migrate somewhere else, and for the most part it's going well. But there are two issues I can't seem to solve

- Smiles. I understand they need to be reinstalled in phpbb3 and I did, but even after doing that and checking that the codes match they are missing from all the old posts, replaced by the "missing graphics" icon. Is it only because I'm working on a preview, so to speak, or is there a problem, and if so how could I fix it?

- Ranks. On phpbb2 it was possible to link to external graphics for ranks' icons, but now not anymore. Is there a way around it?

More in general, is it possible to upload files, such as the old smiles .pak file? Even after searching the entire archive thrice, there seem to be a few missing ones from the current phpbb3 packs.

Thank you!!
myff admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 92930

Add Karma

rated by 281 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep on saying it, but now it not the time to confuse things in this way. Please hold off on phpbb3 conversions.

Family Friendly Shareware | | Web Design/Services | Free Forums
Shiryu
Pupil
Pupil
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 330

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No worries, I'm not planning to finalize it now. I just want to be ready in case it becomes necessary later on
james73
Pupil
Pupil
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 340

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiryu wrote:
No worries, I'm not planning to finalize it now. I just want to be ready in case it becomes necessary later on

Same here. And I had the exact same issues as you did when I customised the phpBB3 version!  

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> PhpBB3 General Support All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: