FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Who is OnlineWho is Online   Join! (free) Join! (free)  
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  • Welcome

Terms & Conditions

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Terms and Conditions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.

Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
Posted:     Post subject:

myff admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 92900

Add Karma

rated by 281 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Terms & Conditions  Reply with quote

Please read this link, it explains our terms and conditions.

http://www.myfreeforum.org/index....task=view&id=22&Itemid=32

If you want to report a forum, then please do it in this forum:

http://forum.myfreeforum.org/forum15.php

Do not use a private message!

If you are reporting a forum, then we assume you have evidence to support the report, in the form of links, names, ip addresses etc.

You *MUST* post the evidence, we cannot act on being told a forum is in breach of the conditions without links to where and why.

Keep it clear and keep it simple. At least one report of a claimed violation ended up falling on death ears, when no one could clearly decypher from pages of rambling just what the issue was and where the blame was  

We want to and frequently do act very quickly on reports, but equally we have to defend our forums from unfair attacks. So for example it is not enough to report spamming by a forum admin on another forum, without supporting evidence that it really is that person doing the spamming.
However in all such cases, between the ip address and the fact that someone who spams in one place is probably spamming elsewhere, a bit of patience does result in action being possible.

Note that if it is your forum that is breaching the conditions, then we will engage in a dialog if the issue is in the realms of "reasonable debate". We know there are grey areas especially in the area of promoting a forum and that members and admins can get over enthusiastic at times.  But there is quite a clear line between the kind of spamming that will get corrective action and spamming that is systematically abusing other peoples forums. Cross the line and your forum will be suspended and then deleted.

Please note that inter forum squabbles, bad behavior by admins and mods, or even some odd individual threads that contain hateful material are not grounds for a complaint. If you don't like behavior on a forum, then the best thing to do is to leave that forum. We will not micro manage forums or play referee in disputes.

Family Friendly Shareware | | Web Design/Services | Free Forums
myff admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 281 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have just reread this and noted that it is more than two years old.

To my mind the policy still looks 100% right, as was demonstrated recently we still cannot effectively act if someone will not report concisely what an issue is, and painful though it may be, I still think we cannot get involved in fights over the control of a forum however badly it is being run.

A testament to our handling of these situations is the fact that we can do it on a public forum, where any misjudgment, inconsistency or bias is open to scrutiny.

It is notable that the one time there was significant disagreement that I can recall, the main voice of opposition was Bravo who ended up being made a mod!

But not to be complacent, what do our members think?

Sandman
Student
Student
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 890

Add Karma

rated by 1 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I may only have posted once before, but I've been an avid follower of this thread for a long time.

As a moderator of  http://modelsteam.myfreeforum.org/index.php I've found that the way the MFF team have handled disputes has been a great help to those in my position.

I have in many cases referred members to this very page in order to make them aware of what a forum is really about.

I can see no reason to modify anything here, and the only thing I would recommend is that all mods and admins check how the team here handles disputes.

While I'm here, I would just like to thank all of the team for the assistance given to us all by your example.

Sandy.
Site Admin
Site Admin
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 281 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Time to state one further major point.

Whilst we are not insensitive to the unpleasantness involved in making complaints publically, we do insist on this in all but the most exceptional of circumstances.

Look at any working justice system in the world and it adheres to the core principles.

The accused has a right to face the accuser in open court.

The defense has access to the evidence.

If we were to deal with complaints by email, then neither of these principles could be maintained, we would be simply playing middle man to "He said, she said" cross fire ending in decisions that would almost certainly be arbitrary and unfair.

I have seen a case just recently in the UK courts where these principles have been at their shockingly worse as public is often very nasty But there is no reasonable alternative.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Terms and Conditions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: