FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Who is OnlineWho is Online   Join! (free) Join! (free)  
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  • Welcome
  • Guest

  • Sticky Articles
MYFF Crowd Funding
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Crowd Funding
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Please Register and Login to this forum to stop seeing this advertising.






Add Karma

rated by members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
Posted:     Post subject:

Back to top
myff admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 92900

Joined: 22 May 2005
Posts: 32204



Add Karma

rated by 281 members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 1:42 pm    Post subject: MYFF Crowd Funding  Reply with quote

http://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/myff-org

We have launched a crowd funding initiative to get myff up and running and updated to new https standards in the cloud.

The aim is to raise 10,000 for the initial transfer, and then work off a very low cost subscription model to help us keep on running the service to the standard members have come to expect of us over the years.

If we fail in this target we will have to close down, but forums that have donated or have paid for advert free will get a free forum export.

Please help us in our hour of need.

If you do donate, then please start a thread with your forums link as subject in this forum.
_________________

Family Friendly Shareware | | Web Design/Services | Free Forums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
cassini
Novice
Novice
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 180

Joined: 22 Jun 2015
Posts: 15



Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 8:36 pm    Post subject: Donated 20 Reply with quote

http://screencappingzone.myfreeforum.org/
http://cassinicaps.myfanforum.org/
http://weathercaps.myfreeforum.org/

Regards
Cassini
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Georgypan
Student
Student
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 950

Joined: 01 Mar 2010
Posts: 89



Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://free2chat.myfreeforum.org

Good luck
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yankale
Craftsman
Craftsman
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 2750

Joined: 17 Mar 2009
Posts: 257



Add Karma

rated by 1 members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good morning,

Can you please modify the crowdfunding notification at the top of all forums,
so it is clearly visible? Larger font, bold, color. I'd also add few words. Something like this:

Please help to prevent the forum from being closed.
Crowd Funding.




And com'on good friends you can do much better!!. I thought that  20 admins can easily raise
2,000 in no time and promote the crowd funding among our users. We can do much better!
We've got great service in the past 12 years. Consider your donation not just as payment towards
keeping the forum alive, or a donation to move your data, but rather a great thank you for years of good service!



_________________
Hike the INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
perthtruebluetwo
Craftsman
Craftsman
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 3150

Joined: 26 May 2007
Posts: 400



Add Karma

rated by 2 members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankale wrote:
Good morning,

Can you please modify the crowdfunding notification at the top of all forums,
so it is clearly visible? Larger font, bold, color. I'd also add few words. Something like this:

Please help to prevent the forum from being closed.
Crowd Funding.




And com'on good friends you can do much better!!. I thought that 20 admins can easily raise
2,000 in no time and promote the crowd funding among our users. We can do much better!
We've got great service in the past 12 years. Consider your donation not just as payment towards
keeping the forum alive, or a donation to move your data, but rather a great thank you for years of good service!


its pointless your flogging a dead horse we are never going to raise 10 thousand pounds never.
_________________


Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
davecov
Apprentice
Apprentice
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 400

Joined: 03 May 2006
Posts: 114



Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst I understand the sentiment behind the Crowd Funding, the red writing in your Crowd Funding message is causing untold confusion for our members. It gives the impression that our forum could be closing down for good if enough money isn't raised. This is not true as we have decided to export our forum and leave MYFF.

Can you rephrase the message and/or change the colour?

Dave
_________________
DaveCov
The Airfix Tribute Forum - http://airfixtributeforum.myfastforum.org/index.php
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
SRSeditor
Craftsman
Craftsman
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 3420

Joined: 14 Apr 2008
Posts: 331


Location: UK
Add Karma

rated by 1 members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to say we aren't happy having the message across the forum header.

It is for forum admins to promote this if they see this as their way forward.

To email all forum admins would have got the message out to the people who have ultimate control on each forum destiny.

Sadly I think we will be looking to move off asap.
_________________
http://audisrs.myfastforum.org
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Daddy cool
Novice
Novice
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 240

Joined: 17 Apr 2016
Posts: 17



Add Karma

rated by 1 members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why was my free forum.org created then ???? Maybe consider changing for Mypaidforum.org......!!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
concretebob
Newbie
Newbie

Virtual Cash: 10

Joined: 23 Mar 2017
Posts: 1



Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:39 pm    Post subject: Donated 20 Reply with quote

Fingers crossed the amount can be raised
http://shunterspot.myfreeforum.org/index.php
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yankale
Craftsman
Craftsman
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 2750

Joined: 17 Mar 2009
Posts: 257



Add Karma

rated by 1 members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Daddy cool wrote:
Why was my free forum.org created then ???? Maybe consider changing for Mypaidforum.org......!!!

The forums were free of charge for about 12 years. An ad free forum costs ~45/year. Thousands of admins used myff and loved it.
So why don't everybody give something back? Isn't is just fair?

You don't have to, but no one has to lose money or to pay so you can enjoy being a forum admin.
You can move your forum anywhere you want. Just let us know when you find a free of charge system.

Be generous, be nice, Martin was nice to tens of thousands of people her for 12 years.

I can move my forums in no time to a free of charge hosting server. But if somebody helped you then give back.
_________________
Hike the INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ratty
Novice
Novice
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 120

Joined: 01 Feb 2011
Posts: 12



Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you change the wording, members don't understand and think they are going to have to pay

www.yamahaxjrclub.com
_________________
ratty
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shiryu
Pupil
Pupil
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 330

Joined: 03 Aug 2010
Posts: 30



Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankale wrote:

And com'on good friends you can do much better!!. I thought that 20 admins can easily raise
2,000 in no time and promote the crowd funding among our users. We can do much better!


This is what I was referring to in the other topic. Several of my users are open to donating for the cf, but we are all on the fence because if it doesn't come to pass we are not convinced we would be technically capable of transferring the current contents to a new place. We would certainly try, but beyond that who knows. So it looks, in short, like there is a risk of throwing money in a hole, which is making people reluctant, at least until it can be determined whether it looks like the goal can realistically be achieved or not.

I myself will surely donate, both as a thank you and to get the data, but I'm not convinced this system with no refund planned if the target isn't reached is the best way to motivate people.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yankale
Craftsman
Craftsman
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 2750

Joined: 17 Mar 2009
Posts: 257



Add Karma

rated by 1 members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ratty wrote:
Can you change the wording, members don't understand and think they are going to have to pay

www.yamahaxjrclub.com


You can send all your members and e-mail or post a global annucement and explain what the wording means.
They  can be generous anddonate or you can move your forum to another server.
_________________
Hike the INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Yankale
Craftsman
Craftsman
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 2750

Joined: 17 Mar 2009
Posts: 257



Add Karma

rated by 1 members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shiryu wrote:
Yankale wrote:

And com'on good friends you can do much better!!. I thought that 20 admins can easily raise
2,000 in no time and promote the crowd funding among our users. We can do much better!


This is what I was referring to in the other topic. Several of my users are open to donating for the cf, but we are all on the fence because if it doesn't come to pass we are not convinced we would be technically capable of transferring the current contents to a new place. We would certainly try, but beyond that who knows. So it looks, in short, like there is a risk of throwing money in a hole, which is making people reluctant, at least until it can be determined whether it looks like the goal can realistically be achieved or not.

I myself will surely donate, both as a thank you and to get the data, but I'm not convinced this system with no refund planned if the target isn't reached is the best way to motivate people.


In order to move your data you have to pay anyway. So why don't you pay now? You won't "lose" your money one way or the other.
If the myyf is shut down by the end of June as promised, you have to look for another sevice. It's not free of charge.
Your forum members can donate a small amount.
_________________
Hike the INT
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shiryu
Pupil
Pupil
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 330

Joined: 03 Aug 2010
Posts: 30



Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments


online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2017 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yankale wrote:
In order to move your data you have to pay anyway. So why don't you pay now? You won't "lose" your money one way or the other.
If the myyf is shut down by the end of June as promised, you have to look for another sevice. It's not free of charge.
Your forum members can donate a small amount.

The standard transfer fee is 60, and previously the admin said he would waive it away in favour of a symbolic payment given the circumstances.

Even keeping to the original 60, there are about 10-20 users willing to pay at the moment. At 10 each, that makes 100-200, so up to 3 times more than even the standard fee, and possibly 5 to 10 times more than a symbolic fee.

My users are happy to pay if it guarantees the survival of the forum. But they are not willing to overpay the database if it's all for nothing, especially as we may incur more expenses later on to find another service and possibly even the technical help necessary to import the current contents.

I will donate over the weekend, either 10 or 20.
But I can't encourage my users to do the same until either it looks like the goal is certain to be reached, or the funding setup gets changed and money is fully refunded if the goal is not reached.
In the latter scenario, I would donate the refund again, to get the database, but my users wouldn't lose money.

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Crowd Funding All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8
 
 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Card File  Gallery  Forum Archive
Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group
Create your own free forum | Buy a domain to use with your forum