FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Who is OnlineWho is Online   Join! (free) Join! (free)  
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  • Welcome

Complaint against http://thesocietyofcanutes.myfreeforum.org
Page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Terms and Conditions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mwah
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 60

Add Karma

rated by 1 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:59 pm    Post subject: Complaint against http://thesocietyofcanutes.myfreeforum.org  Reply with quote

The forum

http://thesocietyofcanutes.myfreeforum.org/forum34.php

Exists for the sole purpose of attacking female members of a commercial forum. Attacks are made by banned members of that forum. The true name of the forum is The Society of Cunts, which tells you all you need to know.
myff admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 92890

Add Karma

rated by 281 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.myfreeforum.org/Terms_amp_Conditions_about1096.html

Family Friendly Shareware | | Web Design/Services | Free Forums
Mwah
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 1 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the response. Can you be more specific though? I think if you take the time to visit the linked forum you'll find that terms and conditions aside,  the law is in danger of being breached on the site in question.
myff admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 281 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the link could not be clearer. please reread it.

Mwah
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 1 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I read it clearly the first time. That you would condone such activity by hiding behind your terms and conditions is appealing.
myff admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 281 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You plainly have not bothered to read the T&C as they explain how to make a proper complaint. You may have a case?  we have no idea as you have not followed the instructions.

hollyberry
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 80

Add Karma

rated by 1 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Complaint against http://thesocietyofcanutes.myfreeforum Reply with quote

Mwah wrote:
The forum

http://thesocietyofcanutes.myfreeforum.org/forum34.php

Exists for the sole purpose of attacking female members of a commercial forum. Attacks are made by banned members of that forum.

I would like to report this forum too and agree with the previous complaint.  The forum 'society of canutes' seems to serve as a platform for a hate site, the targets of which are members of another forum.

The main area on the forum which is used for this purpose is called "The Messroom .. Guest can post here"

Here is an example of a recent post by a member called Sad Reality, Posted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 1:55 pm, in which the real surname of the ex-partner a female member from the other forum has been revealed:    http://thesocietyofcanutes.myfreeforum.org/sutra6959.php#6959  along with suggestions that members should commit suicide.

The apparent admin is Mrs Belmarsh, who very rarely posts, but has posted today and seems unconcerned about the site being used as a 'hate' site.  

Your terms and conditions suggest that people can be "attacked" by guests or members posting material that contravenes your terms and conditions, but they posts must be deleted in a timely manner and members deemed responsible are to be dealt with.  Clearly the forum is littered with attacks, yet there is no sign of them being removed nor the members responsible being dealt with.

It would be appreciated if you could advise the admin of this site to follow your terms and conditions and ask them to remove all the attack threads, which are far too many to mention or provide links to.

Thank you.
Bravo
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 24320

Add Karma

rated by 32 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a look around, and while there does seem to be a lot of childish ranting about someone called Lucy, I think it does go a little far, and is VERY childish, but perhaps not far enough to warrant an intervention. It is not a 'hate' site, just that there is a childish response to being banned from another forum by the look of it. A reminder from Admins T&C post:

myff admin wrote:

Please note that inter forum squabbles, bad behavior by admins and mods, or even some odd individual threads that contain hateful material are not grounds for a complaint. If you don't like behavior on a forum, then the best thing to do is to leave that forum. We will not micro manage forums or play referee in disputes.

Is there any better evidence than posted? To say 'oh there's too much' is not enough. Link to definite sections that contravene the T&Cs. If it's just more of the same that you already linked to I can't see it being a genuine complaint given the evidence presented and seen.
symon
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 37350

Add Karma

rated by 92 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

http://howtodoit.myfreeforum.org/index.php
online/offline
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see your point here , this site seems to be set up mainly to take the mickey out of posts and members of

http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/

Clearly banned members have started up this forum in spite.

However as Bravo has stated at the moment it is just a bunch of childish people having a pop.

Starting a forum on the sole purpose to poke fun at another forum or their members is not a hate site IMO.

The best advice is to ignore the site, if you do not read their silly posts , it will not effect you.

I do agree it is not nice though.

Although i just found this, so it does go too show that the main puropse is just to copy post from another forum and then make childish comments on it, some are quite hurtful if it is you that they are talking about. however sometimes you must be thick skinned.

http://thesocietyofcanutes.myfree...ewspaper_near_you__about1998.html
Site Admin
Site Admin
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 281 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, I was holding back on an opinion as there was very little in the thread in reality and I have not had time today and indeed no one can be expect to spend ages taking pot luck around a forum looking for issues. But my opinion is what you guys are saying, childish crap going on.

hollyberry
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 1 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appreciate you have all taken the time to look into this, thank you very much.  

While I agree their behaviour is childish and we could choose not to visit their site and read their comments, it has been going on for some time now.  If you were to visit female first members chit chat you will not see one topic started about canutes or its members.  Yet on canutes, on page 1 alone of 'The Messroom .. Guests can post here', over half of the topics directly target members of female first.  Some of which, a few of the members of canutes are pretending to be, since they are using the same usernames from female first or variations thereof.

I wondered if posting statements relating to members from another forum, as well as monitoring our daily topics and posts so they can be replicated and ridiculed amounts to behaviour associated with stalking as per section 2 of the Protection from Harassment Act?  Have you had any experience of this with previous complaints about any other boards myff host.  I would be grateful for any advice.  It's easier said than done to ignore this forum.  As I mentioned previously, this behaviour has been going on for months now and there is no sign of it halting.  Posting someone's real surname causes even further concern as to what these people may be capable of.  

Many thanks,
Holly
myff admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 281 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is not a discussion of nice or nasty? it is more about the policing of morality and or freedom of speech, and just who gets to make the judgement?
As has been said in this case it is very low level crap going on, and not something we can step in on without saying we are moderating all forums and denying ownership rights to forum owners.
no one ends up happy I know, but the alternative is worse.

hollyberry
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 1 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not the outcome I was hoping for but thank for your time.
Nick(NR)
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 21710

Add Karma

rated by 43 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

I'm better than Jose!
online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may not be the outcome you wanted, but neither of you have posted direct links to any topics, that breach our terms and conditions for us to act, should any action need be taken.

You have to understand that we are not here to sit on the shoulders of forum admins and make sure their forums stays within the terms and conditions myff have set, if you know there are specific topics that breach our terms and conditions, by all means post a direct link for it to be looked at and acted upon if need be.
hollyberry
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 1 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Nick for your reply.

It mentions in your terms and conditions under “No You Can’t” about sites advocating self harm which is self hatred, and you provide the example of encouraging anorexia.  I would like to ask how suggesting someone commit suicide is any different?  Suicide is self harm.  Surely posting someone should end their own life including predicting when they will do it, is encouraging self harm and is therefore self hate?

While I agree most of the posts on this site can be attributed to “childish crap” as myff admin suggested, I do think encouraging suicide is a step too far.

Your terms and conditions state: You can be "attacked" by guests or members posting material that contravenes our terms and conditions. But you must delete such posts in a timely manner and deal with any member deemed responsible.  

I would like to ask why the suicide posts have not been removed by the moderator/administrator and the members responsible for these posts dealt with as your terms and conditions suggest?  Is there any moderation going on at this site?

I’ve provided some links.  Some of the titles of the topics say it all:

Is suicide wrong

Female First's Luclastic (page 1) LucySHITMYPANTSlastic “I recommend suicide for the slag”

lucylastic's self pity could provoke a person to suicide

Gobnait can't get a man or keep one LOL  Sad Reality: “Maybe someone at ff should start a poll asking if  to end the pain gobnait should commit suicide ? I know how I & a few others there wud vote”

Lucy Is An Emotional Wreck Under All Her Tough Talk  (page 1) Here we have Sad Reality referring to posts by female first member Lucy when she was being flamed at another forum and when Lucy talked about this kind of behaviour being akin to cyber bullying and noted a case where this resulted in the suicide of a teenager.

Priscilla WTF is She Trying To Say  last post by Winston Smith states “suicide would cure Lucy”

Me & lasticlucy  Sad Reality boasts about Lucy “making thinly veiled threats of committing suicide” and Plasticlastic suggests if Lucy was suicidal and he/she would encourage her to “jump”

luclastic is a real tough guy according to her  LucySHITMYPANTSlastic: “Poor Loocy. Her existence must be difficult. She should drink a nice chilled bottle of drain cleaner and say goodnight”

Lucy lives a busy and demanding life important life  More suicide talk about Lucy including predictions when it will happen

Has Lucylastic off'd herself yet

Sad RL News RIP Lucylastic

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> Terms and Conditions All times are GMT
Page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: