FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups  Who is OnlineWho is Online   Join! (free) Join! (free)  
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
  • Welcome

Akwo buttons request

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> The Graphics Hub
View previous topic :: View next topic  
welsummerman
Student
Student
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 950

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:56 am    Post subject: Akwo buttons request  Reply with quote

PLEASE ENTER THE FOLLOWING>>>>

Enter your myff forum url here, if the issue is on a particular part of the forum, then give a link to where the problem actually is. Do not enter your own domain name it must be the actual myff link :
http://campingoncoll.myfreeforum.org/index.php

If you are asking a template related question, what is the name of the template:

Please indicate keywords you have searched on:changing buttons

Now ask your question in clear English without "txt" speak>>>> can i ask bravo to supply me with a set of his buttons on my site please. ty welly
Bravo
FLAG

Virtual Cash: 24320

Add Karma

rated by 32 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The buttons are in the button sets thread where you already found them, you put them on your site yourself.  How to do that?

Quote:
2. Search on the forum and on howtodoit for your problem before posting. 90% of the posts we get have easily found answers if you search on a couple of key words from your post. If this is not the case report the keywords you searched on and we will make sure search works for the next person to try the same search terms. Each time someone doesn't bother to use the search, questions accumulate in the forum making it harder for people to actually find answers! as people searching will end up finding the question and not the answer.

Once you've searched, you'll be able to do it easily, no point me re-writing what's already been written several times.  If you get stuck, that's the time to ask for help, good luck
welsummerman
Student
Student
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ty matey .. keep me covered im going in ...ty welly
welsummerman
Student
Student
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i seem to be making a pigs ear of doing both the buttons and the header guys ....i keep getting you need to make an editor message   SOS please
Bravo
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 32 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we need more info than you're making a pigs ear of it to help you.

Which guide are you following, how far have you got?

Have you tried searching 'editor user'?  What search terms have you tried?

Last edited by Bravo on Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
welsummerman
Student
Student
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am not sure what editor user is ,matey ,i have tried changing the buttons as i did my logo also the header and i dont seem to be getting anything right .. i uploaded the buttons as gifs to my pc and went to transfer them to buttons in templates /logos and i then seem to lose it /ty anyways matey.
Bravo
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 32 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you didn't answer any of my questions
welsummerman
Student
Student
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sory matey .i went into edit template logos. then the video of how to do it .change logos etc i downloaded the button  pics from this site .copy picture /save to my pc.then went into admin and tried to upload the new buttons. and i think thats where i went wrong .i didnt use search terms as i followed the advice you gave about basically csame as changing logo on the other site.. ty regs welly
welsummerman
Student
Student
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://campingoncoll.myfreeforum....=4040536dc0a487cd61f8464436774827

ok bravo matey i have had fab help with this from kat . she has installed the side icons but is unable to do the new topic icons buttons etc in your akwo set, can i ask your help in getting these on my site .address above . hope you can help . editor membership made i can pass on the password if you need it many ty  regs welly
Bravo
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 32 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you imagine how much work we'd have on if we went round doing such as this on people's forums for them?

All you have to do is a little bit of research, I've asked questions in this thread, and it's clear you haven't even done a basic search, because if you had, it'd be done by now.  You can say you are a techno this or that all you like, all you mean is you cannot be bothered.  If you can't be bothered doing a basic bit of research, the same research that every single other person that has ever done this sort of thing has had to do, then why should anybody else be bothered?  When Symon did the initial research there were no guides or videos to help him, he made all the howtodoit guides to help people, and many many many other people have used them without asking for someone to do it for them.

There are forums with over 200,000 posts that haven't even added anything other than the basic forums.  You've had this forum for quite a while and there are still only ten posts on it.

You need to do a little searching and help yourself.  Find the guide, then follow it.

I'm not trying to be harsh, I'm trying to be helpful, sometimes people need to be told in plain speaking, and for you I think that is the only way to get you to help yourself, because once you do discover how to help yourself then the world is your oyster and you'll get your own forums the way you want it.
welsummerman
Student
Student
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 0 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok fair said ,i did try to search for the help with howtodoits but i ran into problems with it .i did manage to transfer the delete icon but unfortunatly it became my header . i guess it was because i didnt understand the difference in the names .i did not wish you to help me actually doing the work but maybe to point out where you thought i wa going wrong . sorry if i gave the wrong impression matey.. i will perservere tho .thank you regs welly
Bravo
FLAG

Add Karma

rated by 32 members
Add Comment
Show Comments

online/offline
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's why I asked

Bravo wrote:
Which guide are you following, how far have you got?

So I know where you are at, what you've done so far, so I can know what you've done and where you went wrong.  Just knowing that you did in fact go wrong isn't enough for me to go on to help you.

Here are the guides I found when I did my own search just now (I always time my searches, and it took me less than a minute to find them):

Changing logo (Shown because the 2nd one refers to it)

and

Changing icons

Are these the guides you've followed?  If so, how far did you get before you got lost? or which bit didn't you understand (it can be reworded if necessary)
If these aren't the guides you followed, which guides did you follow? What search terms did you use to get to them? (We can alter titles if necessary to help future searchers)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    myfreeforum.org Forum Index -> The Graphics Hub All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: